Penalties Prove Costly for Petes in Oshawa
(Peterborough, ON) - A five-goal second period by the Generals diminished an early Petes lead on route to an eventual 7-5 Oshawa win on Sunday evening.
The Petes took an early 3-0 lead on goals by Nick Robertson and Matt Timms before Oshawa scored five straight, and four power play, goals in the second period. Nikita Korostelev and Semyon Der-Arguchintsev would each bring the Petes within one, but the Generals twice restored a two goal lead.
Timms, Korostelev, and Chris Paquette recorded two assists each, Robertson and Der-Arguchintsev each added single helpers.
The Petes were 3/3 on the power play, and 3/8 on the penalty kill. Hunter Jones turned away 31 of 38 shots.
The Petes return to the PMC on Thursday, February 15 to host the Mississauga Steelheads at 7:05pm. Game tickets are available starting at $8 through the Collins Barrow PMC Box Office, online or by phone at (705) 743-3561.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from February 11, 2018
- Penalties Prove Costly for Petes in Oshawa - Peterborough Petes
- Petes 2018-19 Season Tickets on Sale Now with Reduced Prices in Most Popular Sections - Peterborough Petes
- Bulldogs Knock off Top Ranked Greyhounds - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Four Late Goals Propel 67's to Improbable Comeback Win - Ottawa 67's
- IceDogs Fall 2-0 to Spitfires to End Weekend Road Trip - Niagara IceDogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Petes Announce Addition to Business Operations Staff
- Nick Robertson Selected to Represent USA at 2018 Hlinka Gretzky Cup
- Fans Can Win Tickets to 2018-19 Home Opener in 'Petes Postcard' Contest
- Petes Select Liam and Erik Cermak in 2018 CHL Import Draft
- Six Petes Taking Part in NHL Development Camps this Week