Pelicans Add Former Arizona Diamondback
The Pensacola Pelicans announced today the signing of former Arizona Diamondbacks catcher Mike DeCarlo.
DeCarlo joins the Pelicans after spending spring training with the Arizona Diamondbacks. Last Season the 6'1, 215-pound catcher batted .253 with 5 homeruns and 21 RBI's for Yakima in the Northwest League. DeCarlo's .360 OBP and .411 slugging percentage were both second best on the team.
"Our reports from Major League scouts are that Mike has average major league 'catch and throw' skills," Pelicans Manager Mac Seibert said. "He's a player that will bring leadership and stability to a position that most requires it."
DeCarlo was a member of the Colonial Athletic Conference 2005 All-Star team while playing at The College of William and Mary. He led the team in average, (.356) RBI, (61) and homeruns (17).
The Pelicans open spring training on April 27 at Gulf Breeze High School. The Season begins May 10th against the Lincoln SaltDogs. For tickets and promotional information visit www.pensacolapelicans.com or call (850)934-8444.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from April 17, 2007
- Cats sign pitchers Scherzer, Blasko - Fort Worth Cats
- Pelicans Add Former Arizona Diamondback - Pensacola Pelicans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Pensacola Pelicans Stories
- News from Northwest Florida Professional Baseball LLC.
- Pensacola Baseball Sells 500th Season Ticket
- Pels Training Academy Hosts 7th & 8th Grade Prep Skill Camp
- Pensacola Home to Minor League Baseball Team in 2012
- Palmisano named to Baseball America first team Independent Baseball team