Peavy to Make Rehab Start with Barons in Huntsville
Birmingham, AL - The Birmingham Barons and Chicago White Sox have announced that RHP Jake Peavy will make a rehab start for the Barons during the team's Sunday, July 14th game against the Huntsville Stars at Joe Davis Stadium. First pitch is scheduled for 1:03 PM CDT.
A native of Mobile, AL, Peavy is recovering from a fractured rib suffered during his last appearance against the Seattle Mariners on June 4th. It will be Peavy's second career rehab stint with the Barons and first since 2011. Prior to landing on the disabled list, he was 6-4 with a 4.30 ERA (32 ER/67.0 IP) and 66 strikeouts in 11 starts this season.
Peavy, 32, has been a staple in the White Sox rotation since being acquired in the blockbuster trade that sent pitchers Clayton Richard, Aaron Poreda, Adam Russell and Dexter Carter to the San Diego Padres on July 31, 2009. Over a distinguished and decorated 10 year major league career, Peavy has been selected to three All-Star teams (2005 and 2007 with San Diego; 2012 with Chicago), won the 2012 Gold Glove Award and was the unanimous winner of the NL Cy Young Award in 2007 while with the Padres. Peavy won the major league ERA title in 2005 (2.27) and 2007 (2.54) while also leading the majors in strikeouts during the 2007 season.
The Barons are heading back to the playoffs for the 10th time in 15 seasons! For ticket information, game schedule, promotions calendar or for additional information about Regions Field, call (205) 988-3200 or visit www.barons.com, www.facebook.com/birminghambarons or Twitter: @bhambarons.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from July 12, 2013
- Wild Game Ends in 9-8 Suns' Loss - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Thomas, Braves Shut Out Lookouts 2-0 - Mississippi Braves
- Wahoos-Biscuits Suspended in the Second - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Wahoos, Biscuits Suspended in Second Inning - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Biscuits and Wahoos Suspended - Montgomery Biscuits
- Peavy to Make Rehab Start with Barons in Huntsville - Birmingham Barons
- Leach Transferred to Huntsville - Huntsville Stars
- Generals vs. Smokies - Game Notes - July 12, 2013 - Jackson Generals
- Fireworks Tonight in Huntsville - Huntsville Stars
- McGough Transferred to Triple-A New Orleans / Andrelczyk Returns to Jacksonville - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Stars Come Back, Beat Barons in Marathon - Huntsville Stars
- Stars Best Barons in 8-6 Win - Birmingham Barons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.