Pats Ink Forward Colby Wotton
Regina, Saskatchewan - The Regina Pats Hockey Club is pleased to announce they have signed 17-year-old forward Colby Wotton to a WHL Standard Player Agreement. By signing in the WHL, a player is guaranteed a WHL Scholarship at his institution of choice for every year he plays in the league.
Wotton, from Foxwarren, MB was drafted by the Pats in the 7th round, 136th overall in the 2018 WHL Bantam Draft.
"We are happy to have Colby commit to the organization," said Pats VP of Hockey Operations and General Manager John Paddock. "He is a promising player with a good work ethic on the ice."
Wotton (5'11, 154lbs) played last season with the Yellowhead Chiefs of the MMHL. He put up 19 goals, 38 points and 76 penalty minutes in 45 games.
"It is an honour to be associated with the Regina Pats organization and their fans," said Wotton. "I am excited for what the future will hold."
Season tickets for the Pats 2019-20 season are now available at reginapats.com! Check out the new 34 Game Flex Packs and Split Season Ticket options as well.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from August 13, 2020
- Pats Ink Forward Colby Wotton - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Regina Pats Stories
- Pats Store Headed to Cornwall Centre for Holiday Shopping Season
- Pats Join T's for Toys in Support of Eagle Heart Centre
- Tickets Now Available for Hockey Harvest Lottery
- Saskatchewan WHL Clubs Partner to Launch Hockey Harvest Lottery
- Pats acquire defenceman Tom Cadieux from Tri-City