Patricia Campbell, Theresa Woodward and Kateri Josaitis Recognized as this Week's Peterborough Petes Local Minor Hockey Volunteer(s)
(Peterborough, ON) - Peterborough Minor Hockey Committee (PMHC) COVID-19 Return to Play Committee: Patricia Campbell, Theresa Woodward and Kateri Josaitis are recognized as this week's exceptional minor hockey volunteers. The Petes want to celebrate local minor hockey volunteers for their contribution to the planning, organizing and execution of local minor hockey's safe return to play for the first half of the season.
Since July 2020, this hard working trio has worked tirelessly to lead PMHC 's planning, education, and implementation of COVID-19 strategies in compliance with the Ontario Hockey Federation (OHF) , Ontario Minor Hockey Association (OMHA) , Peterborough Public Health , and the City of Peterborough's rules for the return of minor hockey. The committee has connected with each one of the governing bodies in an effort to seek clarity and create policies and documents for all of PMHC members to consult.
"Trish, Theresa, and Kateri have done an outstanding job as the PMHC's COVID-19 committee," says Liana Brown who nominated this week's volunteers.
"They have done everything from ordering PPE for team officials to providing information sessions for parents and players regarding procedures at the rink. We go to them with all of our COVID related questions and they find the answers quickly and efficiently. We were the first minor hockey organization back on the ice and given the number of requests we've received for advice, I think it's fair to say that they paved the way for all other volunteer-led arena users. They are wholly deserving of this recognition."
Each week the Petes will recognize and celebrate one volunteer from the PMHC , PHA , PGHA, and local adaptive hockey organizations for their additional time and effort in ensuring a safe return for the first half of this season.
The Petes welcome players, parents and other members of the minor hockey community to nominate deserving local volunteers by filling out this form .
Every Thursday Petes fans are encouraged to tune in to the Peterborough Petes Facebook page for TNL. Each episode of TNL features an exclusive Q&A with special celebrity guests, a musical performance, cooking segments, and merchandise offers.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 12, 2021
- OHL Classics: Todd Bertuzzi - Guelph Storm
- The Petes Want to Send One Minor Hockey Player to Lake Placid for the Toronto Six's Inaugural Season - Peterborough Petes
- 19 Otters Alumni Attending NHL Training Camps - Erie Otters
- Patricia Campbell, Theresa Woodward and Kateri Josaitis Recognized as this Week's Peterborough Petes Local Minor Hockey Volunteer(s) - Peterborough Petes
- On and off the Ice, Tommy Budnick Is Always Competing - Kingston Frontenacs
- Petes Announce Who Wore It Best? Campaign - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Nick Kypreos Headlines Thursday Night Live Presented by Subway
- Goaltender Tye Austin Signs Amateur Tryout Agreement with the Belleville Senators
- Melissa Gillespie Is Named as this Week's Peterborough Petes Local Minor Hockey Volunteer
- Petes Announce Virtual Event "Game On" for International Women's Day
- David Ayres Headlines Thursday Night Live Presented by Subway