Parker Milner Named ECHL Goaltender of the Week
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. - Goaltender Parker Milner has been named the Warrior Hockey ECHLâGoaltender of the Week for Jan. 13-19. It is the second time this season, and third time in his career, that he has received the weekly honor from the league.
Milner went 2-0-0 with one shutout, a 1.00 goals-against average and a save percentage of .968 in two appearances last week.
The 29-year-old stopped all 25 shots he faced in a 4-0 win at Jacksonville onâWednesday and made 36 saves in a 4-2 victory over Atlanta onâSaturday.
Under contract to Hershey of the American Hockey League, Milner is 13-2-3 in 19 appearances with the Stingrays this season and leads the ECHLâwith six shutouts, ranks second with a 1.95 goals-against average and is third with a .928 save percentage. He also has posted a shutout in one appearance with Hershey.
A native of Pittsburgh, Milner has seen action in 234 career ECHL games with South Carolina, Missouri, Quad City and Stockton with an overall record of 136-75-17 with 18 shutouts, a 2.43 goals-against average and a save percentage of .916. His 18 shutouts are tied for fifth in ECHLâhistory and his 136 wins rank 12th all-time. Milner has also seen action in 30 career AHL games with Hershey, Bridgeport and Iowa where he is 13-12-1 with a 3.02 goals-against average and a .902 save percentage.
Prior to turning pro, Milner played four seasons at BostonâCollege, where he helped lead the Eagles to three Hockey East titles and two NCAA Championships. He was named the MVP of the 2012 NCAA Tournament.
South Carolina is back on the ice in Norfolk to take on the Admirals Friday night at 7:35 p.m. at the Norfolk Scope.
- Tickets for all of the team's upcoming 2019-20 home contests are on sale now via Ticketmaster.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 21, 2020
- ECHL Transactions - January 21 - ECHL
- Shortridge Shuts out Kansas City - Allen Americans
- Ty Lewis Named ECHL Player of the Week - Utah Grizzlies
- 'Blades Weekly: Return Home Brings Pair of South Division Foes - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Weekly - January 21, 2020 - Idaho Steelheads
- Utah's Lewis Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Parks Returns from Tucson - Rapid City Rush
- K-Wings Partner with Western Michigan University for February 15th Game - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mariners Weekly: All-Star Break - Maine Mariners
- South Carolina's Milner Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Parker Milner Named ECHL Goaltender of the Week - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Radio Recon Returns Tonight - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.