Owen Beck Signs with Steelheads
MISSISSAUGA, ON - Steelheads Head Coach and General Manager, James Richmond announced earlier today that the 29th overall pick in the 2020 OHL Priority Selection, Owen Beck has signed a Standard Player Agreement and Education Package with the hockey club.
"We are pleased to announce the signing of Owen Beck," says Richmond. "Owen plays the game hard every shift. His hockey IQ and compete level will be a big addition to our hockey club. We would like to welcome Owen and his Family to the Steelheads."
Beck becomes the second member of the club's 2020 Draft Class to sign with the Steelheads following the signing of first round pick, Zak Lavoie last week. In 34 games with the OMHA's Quinte Red Devils last season, the sturdy centreman tallied 19 goals and 20 assists for a total of 39 points. Beck would add 8 points including 4 goals and 4 assists in 7 playoff games with the Red Devils. At 5'11, 180 lbs, Beck is regarded as a strong, right shot centreman that plays a smart 200' game.
The Port Hope, ON native comments on what it means to sign with the Steelheads, "Signing with an OHL club has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember and there's no better feeling than to sign with such an amazing organization like the Steelheads. I would like to thank my family, coaches, trainer, and friends for their constant support over the years. I would also like to thank the Steelheads for making my dream become a reality. Can't wait to be playing in the blue and white next year!"
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from May 1, 2020
- Forward Amadeus Lombardi Commits to Firebirds - Flint Firebirds
- "Fetts' Friends" Partners with Covenant HealthCare, Bringer Inn to Donate Meals to Hospital Workers - Saginaw Spirit
- Spirit Receive Commitment from 2020 Fourth Round Pick Evan Klein - Saginaw Spirit
- Ticket Refund Update for Cancelled Games - Kitchener Rangers
- Sam Alfano and Justin DeZoete Commit to Peterborough Petes - Peterborough Petes
- Former Rangers Captain Landeskog Credits Professional Growth to OHL Experience - Kitchener Rangers
- Owen Beck Signs with Steelheads - Mississauga Steelheads
- Dylan Seca Named Newest General Manager - Sarnia Sting
- Sun Life Home Goals Program Raises $6,750 for Kids in Gear - Kitchener Rangers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.