Overseas Round up Vol. 13
In the midst of free agency, the Connecticut Sun overseas report looks a little different this week, and will remain that way going forward. DeWanna Bonner and Briann January are new to the update.
On Sunday, Feb. 16, Jasmine Thomas and Gorzow faced Sleza Wroclaw in Polish League action. In the win, Thomas tallied three points, three rebounds and two assists. Then on Friday her team picked up another win, defeating AZS Poznan, 85-42. Thomas contributed 11 points, four rebounds and two assists in the victory.
In EuroLeague play this week, USK Praha defeated Venzia, 89-57, UMMC grabbed an 87-51 win over Bourges Basket and Dynamo Kursk defeated Sopron, 74-61.
Bri Jones led USK with 24 points on 10-of-13 from the field and grabbed 10 rebounds. Alyssa Thomas followed close behind with 21 points, seven rebounds and also added in two assists and three steals.
Jonquel Jones tallied a team-high 14 points, went 7-8 from the free-throw line and added seven rebounds and two blocks in UMMC's win.
In the battle between Dynamo Kursk and Sopron, Bonner faced current teammate January. Bonner and Kursk came out with the win and punched their ticket to the Group B EuroLeague QuarterFinals. Bonner recorded 20 points, six rebounds, two assists and four blocks while January tallied 12 points, four rebounds and three assists.
It continued to be a monster week for B. Jones as she continued to put up monster numbers in a matchup against the Chance U19 team. USK defeated the group of young woman 155-35, Jones scored 58 points, grabbed 16 rebounds and three assists. Thomas added 14 points, six rebounds and five assists.
Bonner picked up a win in Russian league play when Dynamo Kursk defeated Enisey, 82-62 on Saturday. January also grabbed another win on the week when Sopron defeated Pecs, 72-55 in the Hungary league.
Over in Swedan, Natisha Hiedeman and Lulea snagged an 89-75 win over Sodertalje.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from February 24, 2020
- Sun Acquire Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis from Seattle - Connecticut Sun
- Overseas Round up Vol. 13 - Connecticut Sun
- Carolyn Swords Announces Retirement, Joins Aces Front Office as Marketing Specialist - Las Vegas Aces
- Blake Dietrick Returning to Atlanta Dream - Atlanta Dream
- Kia Vaughn Chooses Phoenix in Free Agency - Phoenix Mercury
- New York Liberty Re-Signs Marine Johannes - New York Liberty
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Connecticut Sun Stories
- Connecticut Sun to Hold Online Auditions for Solar Power
- Sun and Black Wolves Join Forces with Connecticut Sports Teams in Support of 4-CT
- NESN to Re-Air Games from Historic 2019 Season
- Juicy Landrum May be Quiet, But Her Game Speaks Volumes
- Sun Select Kaila Charles and Juicy Landrum in 2020 WNBA Draft