Outfield Prospects Mason Williams & Ben Gamel Promoted To Trenton
The Trenton Thunder, Double-A affiliate of the New York Yankees, announced Thursday that outfielders Mason Williams and Ben Gamel along with LHP Rigoberto Arrebato have been promoted to the team from Class A-Advanced Tampa. Outfielder Cody Grice has been transferred to Tampa.
Williams, rated preseason as the #1 prospect in the Yankees organization by Baseball America, is in uniform but not expected to be in the lineup Thursday night at 7:05 at ARM & HAMMER Park against the Harrisburg Senators. In 100 games with Tampa this season, the 21-year-old batted .261 with three home runs, 24 RBI and 15 stolen bases.
Gamel, also 21 years old, played in 95 games for the T-Yanks this season and hit .272 with three home runs, 49 RBI and 21 steals. The Florida native was a 10th-round pick by the Yankees in 2010 from Bishop Kenny High School (Jacksonville, FL).
Arrebato returns for his second stint with the Thunder this season. In nine previous appearances with the club the lefty went 2-1 with a 2.93 ERA (15.1 IP, 13 H, 5 R, 20 K). With Tampa he has gone 2-2 with a 1.88 in 21 overall outings.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from August 15, 2013
- Thunder Win Streak Over, Sens Win 6-5 - Trenton Thunder
- Pettibone Back to Form in Fightins Loss - Reading Fightin Phils
- Bullpen Breakdown Opens Door for Squirrels in 9-6 Win over Aeros - Akron RubberDucks
- Jesus Takes the Wheel as Squirrels Stun Aeros Again, 9-6 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Fisher Cats Pound Rock Cats in Finale 9-3 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Rodriguez Roasts SeaWolves - Bowie Baysox
- Offense Erupts Late in Rubber Match, 9-3 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Rock Cats Knocked Around in Front of 6,441, Lose 9-3 - New Britain Rock Cats
- Doyle seven scoreless, but Sea Dogs fall 3-0 in Altoona - Portland Sea Dogs
- Curve Take Series from Sea Dogs on Thursday - Altoona Curve
- Curve Groundskeeper Ben Young Named 2013 E.L. Diamond Pro Sports - Altoona Curve
- Altoona's Ben Young Named Diamond Pro Sports Field Manager of the Year - EL
- Outfield Prospects Mason Williams & Ben Gamel Promoted To Trenton - Trenton Thunder
- Sea Dogs vs. Curve - Game Notes - August 15, 2013 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Altoona Curve Game Information: August 15, 2013 - Altoona Curve
- B-Mets vs. Fightin Phils - Game Notes - August 15, 2013 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Squirrels Announce Second Annual Nutzy's Rotary Funn Run - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Just 7 Sea Dogs' Home Games Remain - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Trenton Thunder Stories
- Gift of Baseball Program Returns to Benefit Area Non-Profits
- Thunder Pork Roll Return to the Field for 2019 Season
- Mini Plans on Sale Now
- Bernie Williams, Baby Bombers, Bat Boy Tommy and Bat Dog Rookie Highlight 2019 Bobblehead Giveaways
- 2019 Season to Feature 22 Fireworks Shows at ARM & HAMMER Park