O'Rourke Named to OHL Second All-Rookie Team
With his first Ontario Hockey League season in the books, Greyhounds' defenceman RYAN O'ROURKE received additional accolades on Wednesday.
The 6.02, 175-lb defenceman was named to the OHL's Second All-Rookie team for the 2018-19 season, as voted on by GM's across the twenty team league.
Originally selected in the 1st Round of the 2018 OHL Priority Selection by the Greyhounds, O'Rourke was named the clubs recipient of their Rookie of the Year Award at the team's banquet back in March.
On the ice, the Pickering ON native appeared in 62 regular season games where he notched 8 goals and 14 assists (22 points) in 62 games played.
He added 2 assists, through 11 post-season appearances.
This past November Ryan was a member of Team Canada Black at the 2018 World Under 17 Hockey Challenge where he led his club with 6 goals and 3 assists, in 5 games played. He was later named defenceman tournament All-Star.
ABOUT THE OHL ALL-ROOKIE TEAMS
The OHL All-Rookie Teams were also selected by the OHL's General Managers.
Players were voted on initially by position within their conference receiving five points for a first place vote, three for a second place vote, and one for a third.
Top vote getters in each position made up the final ballot that was then circulated to all 20 teams.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from April 17, 2019
- O'Rourke Named to OHL Second All-Rookie Team - Soo Greyhounds
- Prospects Ready for Gold Cup - North Bay Battalion
- Wolves' Quinton Byfield named OHL Rookie of the Year - OHL
- Byfield Voted OHL Rookie of the Year - Sudbury Wolves
- 67's to Unveil Playoff Street Sign on Wednesday - Ottawa 67's
- 67's Third-Rounder Teddy Sawyer Officially Commits to Team - Ottawa 67's
- Kitchener Rangers Spring Camp Opens this Weekend - Kitchener Rangers
- Steve Bienkowski Named as One of the 2019 Waterloo Region Hall of Fame Inductees - Kitchener Rangers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.