Orlando Pride Waives Forward Jamia Fields
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando Pride has waived forward Jamia Fields.
"It's a sad and difficult decision to release one of our founding players," Orlando Pride Head Coach Tom Sermanni said. "I'd like to thank Jamia for her passion and outstanding commitment to the Pride over the past two seasons. She has been a consummate professional throughout her time at the Club. We wish her every success with her career moving forward."
Fields, 24, was selected by the Pride with the No. 5 pick in the 2015 NWSL Expansion Draft from Western New York Flash. She appeared in 28 matches for the Pride during her two seasons, tallying two assists in 1,223 minutes.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from February 12, 2018
- Orlando Pride Waives Forward Jamia Fields - Orlando Pride
- Utah Royals FC Welcome Katie Bowen, Nicole Barnhart, Rebecca Moros and Alex Arlitt - Utah Royals FC
- Washington Spirit Finalizes 2018 NWSL Technical Staff, Hiring Former Puerto Rico MNT Head Coach Jack Stefanowski - Washington Spirit
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Pride Stories
- Orlando Pride Down Portland 2-1; Extend Unbeaten Streak to Five
- Orlando Pride Returns to Portland for Final Leg of Road Trip
- Pride, Royals Settle for Scoreless Draw on Wednesday Night
- Pride Continue Road Trip with First Match at Utah on Wednesday
- TAG Heuer Partners with MLS's Orlando City and NWSL's Orlando Pride