Orlando Pride Host Racing Louisville on Saturday
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando Pride (6-5-7, 25 points) welcomes Racing Louisville (4-8-5, 17 points) for the second time this season on Saturday, Sept. 11 at Exploria Stadium. Kickoff for the match is set for 7 p.m. ET, with the contest available to stream on Paramount+ in the U.S. and international viewers able to tune in on Twitch.
Tickets for Saturday's match, presented by Publix, are available at Orlando-Pride.com or by calling (855) ORL-CITY.
"I feel like a broken record when I say this, but when I look at rosters and see all these amazing players on every roster, there's no one that you can take for granted and [Racing Louisville] is no different," interim Head Coach Becky Burleigh said ahead of the match. "They're very, very talented. Some of these players I know quite well from having played against them in college, some of them are internationals with tons of experience. In the end, I think we have to focus on what we need to get better at and we need to continue to see an upward rise in our play."
Saturday's match will be the second regular season meeting between the two sides. The first meeting, which also took place at Exploria Stadium, ended in a 1-1 draw after Louisville took an early lead courtesy of an Ebony Salmon strike in the 21st minute. However, Sydney Leroux was able to find the back of the net in the 94th minute, securing the draw and point for the Pride.
The Pride come into Saturday's match looking to build off a 1-1 draw with the Houston Dash in downtown Orlando last Sunday. The Dash struck early, finding themselves on the board in the 10th minute. Orlando answered back in the 79th minute however when Taylor Kornieck got her head on the end of a Meggie Dougherty Howard cross, placing the ball over the top of Dash goalkeeper Jane Campbell.
Leroux continues to lead the Orlando Pride with seven goals on the season. Teammates Marta and Taylor Kornieck continue to lead the Pride in assists, each with three on the year.
Racing Louisville enters the matchup after a 1-1 draw against OL Reign last weekend. Nadia Nadim scored Louisville's lone goal in the contest, but OL Reign was able to answer back in the 74th minute to level the sides.
Ebony Salmon leads Racing Louisville with five goals on the season, with Nadim close behind with three. Savannah McCaskill has recorded three assists on the season, leading the side in the category.
Following Saturday's match, the Pride will enjoy over a week off from match play before traveling to OL Reign for the first of back-to-back road fixtures on Sunday, Sept. 26.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from September 10, 2021
- Houston Dash Draw 1-1 with Chicago Red Stars - Houston Dash
- Shirley Cruz Named to Costa Rica WNT for September FIFA Window - OL Reign
- Courage Host First Place Portland Thorns for Second Time this Season - North Carolina Courage
- Orlando Pride Host Racing Louisville on Saturday - Orlando Pride
- What to Watch for with Racing at Orlando Pride - Racing Louisville FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Pride Stories
- Orlando Pride Trades Forward Jodie Taylor to San Diego Wave FC
- Orlando City SC, Orlando Pride Hire Seasoned Sports Executive Jarrod Dillon as President of Business Operations
- Orlando City, Pride to Host Annual Orlando City Foundation Turkey Giveaway Presented by Publix on Monday, November 22
- Orlando Pride's Sydney Leroux Named to 2021 NWSL Best XI Second Team
- Orlando Pride Loan Washington, Transfer Haran to Canberra United