Orlando City Makes First Visit to Nashville SC on Wednesday
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City SC (4-2-2, 14 points) closes out a two-game road trip on Wednesday, Sept. 2, making its first visit to the Music City to face Nashville SC (2-4-1, 7 points) at Nissan Stadium. Kickoff is set for 8:30 p.m. ET.
The match will be locally broadcast on Fox 35 Plus with Evan Weston, Miguel Gallardo and Ali Krieger on the call, while being transmitted on Real Radio 104.1 in English and Acción 97.9FM, 810AM in Spanish.
"Here we are preparing for another game and it's another short turnaround, but we're used to it. A good part of this is that it gives us the opportunity to play some of the players that didn't have many minutes in the tournament and has just given us as well the opportunity to see some different ideas," Head Coach Oscar Pareja said. "It has been productive so far and we will keep doing the same now preparing for Nashville."
The Lions enter Wednesday's match after defeating Atlanta United 3-1 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Saturday afternoon. The visitors took a two-goal lead before the halftime break, with finishes from JÃºnior Urso and Chris Mueller in the 13th and 35th minutes, respectively. The Five Stripes got one back in the 83rd off the head of Brooks Lennon, but the Lions quickly added the insurance goal three minutes later off the foot of Nani.
Mueller leads the Lions with six goals this season, good for second in the league behind only LAFC's Diego Rossi. The 2018 MLS SuperDraft selection also leads the team in assists with three to his credit, while five members of the squad sit tied for second with two apiece.
Nashville comes into the midweek fixture after defeating fellow 2020 expansion side Inter Miami CF by a score of 1-0 in its first home match of the Phase 1 Continuation of Play at Nissan Stadium. AnÃbal Godoy scored the eventual game-winner in the 53rd minute for the Music City-based side.
Four Nashville SC players sit tied for the team lead in finishes this season in Godoy, Dave Romney, Walker Zimmerman and David Accam with one apiece. Hany Mukhtar and Dax McCarty hold the team lead in assists at one each.
Following Wednesday's match, the Lions will close out its Phase 1 schedule with two matches at Exploria Stadium, the first of which will be on Saturday, Sept. 5 against Atlanta United. City will round out its Phase 1 Fixtures a week later when it hosts Inter Miami CF for the first time on Saturday, Sept. 12.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 1, 2020
- Impact Topple Toronto - Club de Foot Montreal
- Loudoun United FC Lose 3-0 to Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC on the Road - D.C. United
- LAFC to Face the San Jose Earthquakes Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Host MiB Semifinalist Minnesota United FC - Houston Dynamo FC
- LAFC Loans Midfielder Alejandro Guido to San Diego Loyal SC - Los Angeles FC
- Inter Miami to Visit Atlanta United FC on Wednesday - Inter Miami CF
- Impact Soccer Schools Unveil Programming for 2020-21 Season - Club de Foot Montreal
- Atlanta United Kicks off Annual Unite & Conquer Cancer Month - Atlanta United FC
- Minnesota United FC vs. Houston Dynamo Notes - Minnesota United FC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. New York City FC - New England Revolution
- #SKCvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- RAVE Foundation and Seattle Storm Celebrate Opening of Renovated Recreation Space at Midway Park in Des Moines this Thursday - Seattle Sounders FC
- By the Numbers: We Meet Again - Orlando City SC
- Storylines: City vs. Nashville SC - Orlando City SC
- Orlando City Makes First Visit to Nashville SC on Wednesday - Orlando City SC
- Nashville SC's Lineup Changes Prove Effective in Win over Inter Miami CF - Nashville SC
- Preview: First-Place Sporting to Host FC Dallas on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Inter Miami CF - Atlanta United FC
- Minnesota United Signs Argentine Emanuel "Bebelo" Reynoso from Boca Juniors - Minnesota United FC
- MLS, Inter Miami CF Honor MLS's Kick Childhood Cancer Awareness Month - Inter Miami CF
- Match Preview: Atlantic Cup Rivals New York and D.C. United Clash on Wednesday - New York Red Bulls
- Continental Tire Joins Forces with Major League Soccer for 7th Annual Kick Childhood Cancer Campaign - MLS
- This Week in MLS: 15 Olympic-Eligible Americans Registered Goals or Assists in MLS Last Weekend - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Orlando City SC Signs Goalkeeper Adam Grinwis
- Goalkeeper Brandon Austin Returns to Tottenham Hotspur
- Nani's 87th Minute Game-Winner Leads Lions over Atlanta United
- Orlando City SC Reinforces Recommendation for Fans to Wear Masks to Upcoming Matches
- Orlando City Returns Home to Face Atlanta United