O'Regan, Baptiste Sign One-Year Deals
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has signed forwards Daniel O'Regan and Nicholas Baptiste to one-year, two-way contracts with average annual values of $874,125 and $787,500, respectively, at the NHL level.
Acquired by Buffalo in February 2018, O'Regan (5'10", 185 lbs., 1/30/1994) recorded four assists in a career-high 21 NHL games spent with the Sabres and San Jose Sharks in his second professional season in 2017-18. The Berlin, Germany native made his professional debut in 2016-17, leading the San Jose Barracudas and all AHL rookies with 58 points (23+35) in 63 games to earn the Red Garrett Award as the AHL rookie of the year.
San Jose's fifth-round selection (138th overall) in the 2012 NHL Draft, O'Regan has totaled five points (1+4) in 24 NHL games and 98 points (36+62) in 112 career AHL games. Prior to beginning his professional career, O'Regan played four seasons at Boston University, totaling 154 points (66+88) in 154 games.
Baptiste (6'1", 205 lbs., 8/4/1995) appeared in a career-high 33 NHL games with the Sabres during the 2017-18 season, posting six points (4+2) and 45 shots on goal. A native of Ottawa, Ontario, Baptiste has recorded 10 points (7+3) in 47 career NHL games. He has added 87 points (45+42) in 159 games through three AHL seasons since being selected by the Sabres in the third round (69th overall) of the 2013 NHL Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 15, 2018
- Kings Sign Restricted Free Agent Defenseman Kurtis MacDermid to a Two-Year Contract - Ontario Reign
- Sabres Ink Bailey - Rochester Americans
- O'Regan, Baptiste Sign One-Year Deals - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Americans Stories
- Amerks Announce 2018 Training Camp Schedule
- Blue Cross Arena at the Rochester War Memorial Unveils New Policy Changes, Amenities for 2018-19 Season
- Sabres Announce 2018 Preseason Broadcast Schedule
- Amerks Sign Four to AHL Contracts
- Sabres Make Prospects Challenge Transactions