Opening Night Date Announced
Flint, Mich. - The Flint Firebirds, in conjunction with the Ontario Hockey League (OHL), announced today that the club's home opening night will take place on Saturday, Sep. 28. The Firebirds will host the Niagara IceDogs at 7 p.m. (ET) at the Dort Federal Credit Union Event Center in Flint.
Flint will begin the 2019-20 regular season, presented by Perani's Hockey World, on the road Friday, Sep. 20 in Sault Ste. Marie at 7:07 p.m. (ET). The Firebirds will also play one preseason home game this fall. Flint will host Saginaw on Saturday, Sep. 14 with puck drop set for 7 p.m. at Iceland Arenas on Elms Rd. in Clayton Township. Parking and tickets are complimentary to Firebirds' season ticket holders and sponsors. Fans may purchase single general admission tickets for $10 dollars.
Discounted season tickets are on sale all summer and fans are encouraged to visit the Dort Federal Event Center Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. to select the best seating locations. For questions, fans may call the Dort Federal Event Center Box Office at (810) 744-0580 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Firebirds' training camp will take place Monday, Aug. 26 through Wednesday, Aug. 28. The camp will be held at the Firebirds' practice facility, Iceland Arenas, and is open to the public with free admission for all on-ice sessions. Stay tuned to www.FlintFirebirds.com for more information on training camp information.
The Firebirds complete 2019-20 schedule will be released at 11 a.m. Tuesday, June 11.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from June 10, 2019
- 2019 Home Opener September 20th - Sarnia Sting
- Home Opener Set for 2019-2020 - London Knights
- OHL Announces 2019-20 Home Openers - OHL
- Kitchener Rangers Announce 2019-20 Home Opener - Kitchener Rangers
- Opening Night Date Announced - Flint Firebirds
- Petes to Face London Knights in 2019-20 Season Opener - Peterborough Petes
- 2019-20 Season and Home Opener September 21st - Windsor Spitfires
- Niagara IceDogs 2019-20 Home Opener Announced - Niagara IceDogs
- Cooper Walker Commits to Storm - Guelph Storm
- Attack Sign 2019 1st Rounder Deni Goure - Owen Sound Attack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Firebirds Stories
- Firebirds Surrender 4-1 Contest to Spirit in Saginaw
- Firebirds Hit the Road for First Time this Year, Look to Tie Season Series with Saginaw
- Saginaw Earns First Victory in I-75 Divide Cup, Presented by Coors Light
- Sellout Crowd Expected as Firebirds Host In-State Rival Saginaw Wednesday
- Zacharie Giroux the Hero as Flint Comes Back to Win 3-2