On this Day: April 27, 2001
In lieu of the Portland Winterhawks winning the 2019-20 Scotty Munro Memorial Trophy, the Hawks will spend the spring reviewing some of their most memorable playoff moments over the years. From historic goals to future NHL stars and championship-winning teams, re-live some of Portland's iconic nights in the postseason.
April 27, 2001: Paul Gaustad records his 9th goal of playoffs (after only scoring 11 in the regular season) as the Winterhawks beat the Chiefs 4-1 and become Western Conference Champions.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from April 27, 2020
- Winterhawks Sign Prospect Marcus Nguyen - Portland Winterhawks
- Blades Ink First-Round Pick Tanner Molendyk - Saskatoon Blades
- Dragicevic Signs with Tri-City - Tri-City Americans
- On this Day: April 27, 2001 - Portland Winterhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Winterhawks Stories
- Marian Hossa Elected to the Hockey Hall of Fame
- Simon Knak Invited to Switzerland's National Junior Team Summer Camp
- Cross Hanas Invited to USA World Junior Summer Showcase
- Winterhawks Mourn Loss of Harry Glickman
- WHL Announces Portland Winterhawks Forward Seth Jarvis as Recipient of Brad Hornung Trophy Presented by Real Canadian Superstore