Olczyk Recalled, Anselmini Assigned to Fuel
ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford IceHogs have recalled forward Tommy Olczyk from their ECHL affiliate, the Indy Fuel, and assigned defenseman Brandon Anselmini to the Fuel.
Olczyk, 27, has scored 11 points on eight goals and three assists in 31 games with the Fuel this season. He is currently tied for third on the team in goals, and his two power-play tallies trail only Ryan and Matt Rupert for the most among Fuel skaters this year. The Long Grove, Ill. native also netted his first career hat trick on Dec. 23 vs. Cincinnati and capped his stint with the Fuel with an assist in their most recent game on Jan. 13 at Quad City.
Overall, Olczyk has combined for 24 points (14g, 10a) in 75 career ECHL games with the Alaska Aces (2016-17) and Indy (2017-18). He is the son of former Chicago Blackhawks forward and current team broadcaster, Eddie Olcyzk.
Anselmini, 24, was originally recalled from the Fuel on Dec. 10 and has collected two penalty minutes and seven shots in seven AHL games with the IceHogs this season. The Guelph, Ontario native made his Rockford debut on Dec. 12 vs. Chicago and has skated to an even plus/minus rating in all but one of his seven appearances with the Hogs. He now returns to the Fuel where he has totaled five points (1g, 5a) and 22 penalty minutes in 11 contests in 2017-18.
Next Home Game: The IceHogs take on the Bakersfield Condors on Tuesday, Jan. 23 at 7 p.m. at the BMO Harris Bank Center. The contest marks another Fas Fuel Winning Weekday in 2017-18. If the Hogs win, tickets from Tuesday's game can be redeemed for a ticket of equal or lesser value to the following Fas Fuel Winning Weekdays game on Wednesday, Feb. 7.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 20, 2018
- Penguins Maneuver Several Roster Moves - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Syracuse Crunch Partner with Syracuse University Sport Management - Syracuse Crunch
- Motte Returns to Chicago; Lough Signs SPC - Chicago Wolves
- Islanders Recall Johnston - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rangers Recall Tony Deangelo and Daniel - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sabres Recall Baptiste from Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Chris Langkow to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- JETS RECALL HUTCHINSON AND ROSLOVIC FROM THE MANITOBA MOOSE - Manitoba Moose
- Blue Jackets Assign Left Wing Markus Hannikainen - Cleveland Monsters
- SAN DIEGO GULLS TO HOST INAUGURAL DIVERSITY NIGHT - San Diego Gulls
- Olczyk Recalled, Anselmini Assigned to Fuel - Rockford IceHogs
- Syracuse Crunch Recall Forward Shane Conacher from Adirondack - Syracuse Crunch
- McAdam Reassigned to Bridgeport - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Dahlstrom, Highmore Named to AHL All-Star Team - Rockford IceHogs
- Monsters to Host Cavaliers Tribute Night at the Q - Cleveland Monsters
- Oilers Recall Pakarinen - Bakersfield Condors
- F Oskar Lindblom Added to 2018 AHL All-Star Classic - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- ROSTER CHANGES ANNOUNCED FOR 2018 AHL ALL-STAR CLASSIC - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Ejdsell Saves Hogs' Bacon with Game 4 Overtime Winner
- Franson Forces OT, But Stars Send Hogs to the Brink with Game 3 Win
- Item Drive, Rally Towels & Tommy Hawk Set for Thursday
- Donate to Hogs' Item Drive to Receive $10 Voucher to 201 8-19 Home Opener
- Playoffs Week 5 Report: Hogs Tripped up in Texas; Homestand Ahead