OKC Dodgers and the Oklahoman Host National Anthem Tryouts Saturday
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Dodgers and The Oklahoman will host open auditions from 10:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. Saturday at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark for musical performers to sing or play "The Star-Spangled Banner" before Dodgers home games in 2019.
The auditions will take place on the Mickey Mantle Plaza, located along South Mickey Mantle Drive, during OKC Dodgers Fan Fest.
"National Anthem Tryouts are always a fun kickoff to our baseball season each spring and we enjoy listening to all of the skilled performers who come out to audition," Oklahoma City Dodgers President/General Manager Michael Byrnes said. "We believe this event will be a fun addition to Fan Fest this weekend and look forward to a live preview of the talent that will be showcased at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark throughout the 2019 season."
All 125 audition time slots filled up in less than one week after registration opened in late January.
Performers still interested in auditioning can join a standby list at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark's Mickey Mantle Plaza starting at 10:30 a.m. Saturday. If the tryouts run ahead of schedule, or if a performer does not show up for a scheduled time, those in the standby line will be chosen to audition. Standby performers are encouraged to arrive early and will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis. Based on the turnout of previous events, about 20 standby participants will likely be given an opportunity to audition.
Performers will take the stage in front of a live audience and a judging panel consisting of editors and columnists from The Oklahoman, city officials and community leaders. Winners will be selected based on voice quality, creative style and stage presence.
The auditions draw a wide variety of performers from the Oklahoma City area, as well as from across the state of Oklahoma and even a handful from surrounding states.
Winners will perform the national anthem at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark throughout the upcoming 70-game home schedule. The grand prize winner will perform as part of Opening Day Thursday, April 4 when the Dodgers host the San Antonio Missions.
For more information about National Anthem Tryouts presented by The Oklahoman and the OKC Dodgers, Fan Fest, season ticket packages or group outings, call (405) 218-2182 or visit okcdodgers.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from March 13, 2019
- Lopez, Lovelady Earn Top Royals Organization Honors - Omaha Storm Chasers
- "Field of Dreams" Actor Dwier Brown Scheduled to Appear During Chihuahuas Opening Homestand - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Chasers Announce Werner Park Enhancements for 2019 Season - Omaha Storm Chasers
- OKC Dodgers and the Oklahoman Host National Anthem Tryouts Saturday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Dodgers Stories
- OKC Dodgers Single-Game Tickets on Sale Now
- Cielo Azul de Oklahoma City Returns
- OKC Dodgers Hosting Fifth Annual Fan Fest Saturday
- OKC Dodgers and the Oklahoman Host National Anthem Tryouts Saturday
- Deadline Approaching for Oklahoma Teachers to Sign up for MVP Program