Offensive Standout Jason Johnson Re-Signs with Phoenix Rising
PHOENIX - Phoenix Rising Football Club announced today it re-signed forward Jason Johnson for the 2019 season pending federation and league approval. Per club policy, the details of the contract will not be made public.
Johnson first signed with the club on November 15, 2017, prior to the team's rebranding. In 2018, Johnson played 2,331 minutes in 33 appearances. His nine goals were third best on the team and he tallied two assists as well. He was named to the USL Team of the Week for Week 8 and was the USL Player of the Week for Week 14.
"I am grateful and happy to have the opportunity to play for this organization again. Together we will keep rising as one. Let's make some more memories Phoenix!"
In 2017, Johnson led the club in goals with 13 in addition to his three assists.
With the addition of Johnson, Phoenix Rising's roster now stands at 12 players for the 2019 season.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from December 6, 2018
- Switchbacks FC Sign Midfielder Rony Argueta - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Offensive Standout Jason Johnson Re-Signs with Phoenix Rising - Phoenix Rising FC
- Louisville City FC Hires Mario Sanchez as Director of Youth Development and Community Relations - Louisville City FC
- U.S. Women's National Team to Take on England in 2019 SheBelieves Cup at Nissan Stadium - Nashville SC
- San Antonio FC Signs Defender Kai Greene - San Antonio FC
- Republic FC Launch Collection Drive for Camp Fire Victims - Sacramento Republic FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Phoenix Rising FC Stories
- Phoenix Rising FC Acquires Logan Gdula on Loan from FC Cincinnati
- Phoenix Rising Fights Back But Falls 3-2 to Sporting KC
- Phoenix Rising Continues Preseason with Home Match against MLS Side Sporting KC
- Phoenix Rising Fights to 0-0 Draw in Preseason Opener
- Phoenix Rising FC Adds 17-Year Old Local Goalkeeper Brandon Keniston to Roster for 2019 Season