Ockimey Hits a Grand Slam in 'Dogs 5-0 Win over Hartford
Portland, Maine - Bobby Poyner worked a scoreless inning on a rehab appearance, then Teddy Stankiewicz dominated for six more scoreless innings and the Sea Dogs (5-7) earned a series split with the Hartford Yard Goats (4-9) with a 5-0 win on Thursday afternoon at Hadlock Field.
Josh Ockimey hit a grand slam off of Jason Garcia in the bottom of the seventh to provide the big blast of the game. Portland scored their first run in the bottom of the first on an RBI double by Esteban Quiroz off of Hartford starter Ryan Castellani (L, 1-1).
Poyner faced four batters to begin the ballgame. He allowed a leadoff single to Garrett Hampson to begin the frame, then retired the next three batters he faced, including a strikeout of Sam Hilliard.
Stankiewicz (W, 1-2) made only his third official career relief appearance in 112 games as a pro and was dominant, lasting six innings and allowing just two hits while walking one and fanning seven. The righty retired the final 15 batters he faced.
The Sea Dogs open up a six-game roadtrip on Friday night against the Trenton Thunder (Yankees affiliate) at Arm & Hammer Park with a 7:05 PM first pitch. Righty Mike Shawaryn makes his third start of the season for the Sea Dogs.
Portland returns to Hadlock Field on April 27th to start a sixgame homestand. Tickets can be purchased by visiting www.seadogs.com or calling 207-879-9500.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from April 19, 2018
- Altoona Drops RubberDucks in 10 - Akron RubberDucks
- Curve Close Road Trip with Extra-Inning Win - Altoona Curve
- Sens Return Extra-Inning Favor to Salvage Split - Reading Fightin Phils
- Gamache's Walk-Off Single Sends Senators to 4-3 Win - Harrisburg Senators
- Yard Goats Denied Third Straight Win in Portland - Hartford Yard Goats
- Curve Back this Weekend to Open Six-Game Homstand - Altoona Curve
- Rally Falls Short as 'Wolves Split Series - Erie SeaWolves
- Sheffield's Gem and Timely Hitting Lead to 4-2 Win in Erie - Trenton Thunder
- Ockimey Hits a Grand Slam in 'Dogs 5-0 Win over Hartford - Portland Sea Dogs
- Fisher Cats Need Just Two Hours to Beat Binghamton, 5-2 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Romano Handcuffs Rumble Ponies in Finale - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Streak Stalled at Six; Squirrels Drop Homestand Finale - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Baysox Use Early Runs to Salvage Series Finale, 6-1 - Bowie Baysox
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Trenton Thunder - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Budweiser Clydesdales to Make Special Appearance at 2018 All-Star Game - Trenton Thunder
- Sea Dogs Game Notes April 19th vs. Hartford - Portland Sea Dogs
- Harrisburg Senators Game Notes vs. Reading - Game #12 - Harrisburg Senators
- Poyner Starts Thursday Afternoon for Portland - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Game #11 - Rumble Ponies (4-6) at Fisher Cats (8-3) - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.