NWSL ANNOUNCES 2018 DISPERSAL DRAFT ORDER AND AVAILABLE PLAYERS
CHICAGO (Jan. 29, 2018) - The National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) today announced the official draft order and list of available players for the 2018 Dispersal Draft on Tuesday, Jan. 30 at 4 p.m. ET. No players have indicated their intent to opt-out of the Dispersal Draft.
Teams are allowed to trade their picks in the draft between now and 1 p.m. ET on Tuesday, Jan. 30 - following which a final draft order will be released. See below for complete draft rules.
2018 Dispersal Draft Order
The order in which teams select was randomly determined on Monday morning and the order will snake throughout the selection process: 1-9 and then 9-1 until completed.
Sky Blue FC Washington Spirit Seattle Reign FC Portland Thorns FC Utah Royals FC Houston Dash Chicago Red Stars Orlando Pride North Carolina Courage
2018 Dispersal Draft - Available Players
Addo, Elizabeth (INTL - GHA)
Chapman, Allysha (FED - CAN)
Dowie, Natasha (INTL - ENG)
Lavelle, Rose (FED - USA)
Leon, Adriana (INTL - CAN)
Okvist, Lotta (INTL- SWE)
Prudhomme, Sammy Jo
White, Rosie (INTL - NZL)
2018 College Draft Picks
Schillgard, Louise (INTL - SWE)
Simon, Kyah (INTL - AUS)
Assets available via draft include the following:
Players under contract with NWSL whose rights are assigned to Boston (including allocated players) Players whose rights are controlled by Boston (including retired players) Rights to players on Boston's Discovery List
The Dispersal Draft will last until all teams have passed or no players or other assets are available for selection.
Each team will have two (2) minutes to make its selection. No time-outs will be permitted. Teams may not make trades during the draft. Teams are permitted to "pass" when it is their turn to make a selection. Once a team has passed on a selection, the team forfeits the remainder of its selections in the dispersal draft.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 30, 2018
- SAVE THE DATE: You'Re Invited to FC Dallas' 2018 Primary Kit - FC Dallas
- FC Dallas Loans AnÃbal ChalÃ¡ to L.D.U. Quito - FC Dallas
- CONCACAF Confirms Alternate Venues for Scotiabank CONCACAF - New York Red Bulls
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires More Than One Million Dollars ($1,050,000) - Columbus Crew SC
- NWSL ANNOUNCES 2018 DISPERSAL DRAFT ORDER AND AVAILABLE PLAYERS - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers Stories
- Timbers Extend Winning Streak to Five Matches with 2-1 Victory over Los Angeles FC
- Timbers Award $50,000 in Community Fund Grants
- Timbers Weekly Update
- Timbers, Thorns FC, T2 Team up with Local Partners to Present Seventh-Annual Stand Together Week June 9-15
- Timbers Notch Fourth Straight Victory with 1-0 Win over Cascadia-Rival Seattle Sounders FC