Nuts' Lawrence Butler Named High-A Central Player of the Week
LANSING, Mich. - Lansing Lugnuts first baseman/outfielder Lawrence Butler was honored as the High-A Central Player of the Week for the season-concluding week of September 13-19, as announced today by Minor League Baseball.
In six games, the 21-year-old Butler went 11-for-22 with three doubles, one home run and three stolen bases, scoring seven runs. He also drew two walks, partnering his .500 batting average with a .542 on-base percentage and .773 slugging percentage.
In total, the Atlanta native finished with a .340 average, two homers and .929 OPS in 14 games with the Lugnuts, completing a breakout campaign that began in Low-A Stockton, where he stole 26 bases and slugged 17 homers amid 41 extra-base hits. He is currently rated the No. 1 first base prospect and No. 22 overall prospect in the A's organization by MLB.com.
The Lansing Lugnuts, the High-A affiliate of the Oakland Athletics, wrapped up the 2021 season on Sunday with a 58-62 record.
The next Lugnuts game is 201 days away: Friday, April 8, 2022, against the Lake County Captains, opening the Nuts' 26th season at Jackson® Field™.
For the latest information about the Lansing Lugnuts throughout the offseason, visit lansinglugnuts.com.
• Discuss this story on the High-A Central League message board...
High-A Central League Stories from September 20, 2021
- Nuts' Lawrence Butler Named High-A Central Player of the Week - Lansing Lugnuts
- Espino Named High-A Central League Pitcher of the Week - Lake County Captains
- River Bandits Announce 2022 Schedule - Quad Cities River Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lansing Lugnuts Stories
- Lugnuts, Minor League Baseball Join with Marvel Entertainment on "Defenders of the DiamondÃ¢ÂÂ
- Lugnuts' Díaz and Hall Named High-A Central All-Stars
- Nitro Circus Roars into Jackson Field Tomorrow
- Nitro Circus roars into Jackson Field Friday!
- Nuts' Lawrence Butler Named High-A Central Player of the Week