Northwoods League Looks to Sports Betting, Fantasy & In-App Gaming in 2021
Kalamazoo, MI. - In anticipation of its 28thÂ season of baseball, the summer-collegiate Northwoods League has partnered with U.S. Integrity as it seeks to gain approval for regulated wagering in multiple Midwestern states.Â USI is assisting in the wagering approval process and will monitor all Northwoods League games for potentially nefarious betting-related behavior from match-fixing to game manipulation.Â In addition to pursuing options for legal, regulated sports betting, the Northwoods League is also looking to engage its fans via a fantasy baseball game and a free-to-play prediction game embedded in the league's phone app.
"In the past two years, legal regulated sports betting has taken off in 25+ U.S. states," said Matthew Holt, CEO of U.S. Integrity. "Baseball fans are constantly looking for new and innovative ways to get more engaged in their local teams, and all the Northwoods League's mobile innovations do that."
"We are very well positioned to pursue this endeavor with our video and technological capabilities," said Northwoods League Chairman, Dick Radatz, Jr. "U.S. Integrity has taken a year long process and reduced it to a matter of months. We are looking forward to a long and mutually beneficial partnership."
In the Midwest, betting on sports is legal in Michigan, Iowa, Illinois, and Indiana. Fantasy sports are legal in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, and North Dakota.
"Whether you are playing fantasy or betting on games, adult fans are 8x more likely to watch a game if they have some sort of wager on the event.Â We are helping to position the league from a data and integrity perspective, and we look forward to Opening Day on Memorial Day," said Holt.
U.S. Integrity is North America's leading 24/7 monitoring service, providing the highest level of protection against betting-related fraud and corruption. USI's goal is to ensure that every sporting competition is fair and transparent. The company partners with some of the largest professional sports leagues and collegiate conferences in the U.S., as well as licensed sports-betting operators and regulators, to ensure sports betting integrity in every play, every game, every sport.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from February 24, 2021
- Rafters Add Two East Coast Pitchers - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Canceled COVID Season Brings Back 16th Season for Express - Eau Claire Express
- Northwoods League Looks to Sports Betting, Fantasy & In-App Gaming in 2021 - Northwoods
- Northwoods League Looks to Sports Betting, Fantasy & In-App Gaming in 2021 - Kalamazoo Growlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kalamazoo Growlers Stories
- Diaper Drop Night Announced in Partnership with St. Luke's Diaper Bank and Seelye Auto Group
- Growlers Partner with Seelye Auto Group for Give Back Program
- We Want Your Grandma as Our Coach
- Growlers to Bring Back the Kalamazoo Lassies for "A League of Their Own" Night
- Growlers, West Michigan Cancer Center and PRAB/Hapman, Bring Back the #SurvivorSelfie Jersey for Third Year.