Niagara IceDogs Host Wawanesa Toy Drive on December 12th
Toronto, Ont. - Whether unwrapping a teddy bear, a fire truck or a stethoscope, there's nothing like making kids smile during the holidays. This year, the Canadian Hockey League and Ontario Hockey League are proud to join Wawanesa Insurance, their independent insurance brokers, and local charities to host holiday toy drives in 36 communities across Canada.
CHL fans can get the warm and fuzzies by donating a new and unwrapped toy at any of the 36 Wawanesa Toy Drive games taking place across the country from November 16 to December 15 and at participating broker locations in each community. As a special thank you for donations, all toy donors will be entered into a Grand Prize draw for a trip for two to Kelowna for the 2020 Memorial Cup Presented by Kia.
"The Canadian Hockey League and our member teams are proud to support our communities and the Wawanesa Toy Drive campaign is another wonderful opportunity to help make a positive difference for families across Canada," said CHL President Dan MacKenzie. "We're excited to join our partners at Wawanesa Insurance and our passionate fans to help deliver thousands of toys and smiles to kids this holiday season."
If someone is unable to bring a toy to the game, Wawanesa has partnered with their local insurance broker partners to provide fans with convenient toy drive drop-off locations. View all broker locations and learn more about the Wawanesa Toy Drive (including full contest rules) by visiting wawanesa.com/toydrive.
"Happy kids, neighbours helping neighbours, and some of the best hockey in the world - it's a winning combination to help more Canadian families enjoy this holiday season," said Selena Hinds, Vice President of Communications and Community Affairs for Wawanesa Insurance. "We are thrilled to partner with the Canadian Hockey League, independent insurance brokers and local charities across Canada on this country-wide holiday toy drive. For us at Wawanesa Insurance, supporting the communities where we work and live is the essence of who we are."
Wawanesa Insurance is the Official Auto and Home Insurer and proud partner of the CHL, WHL, OHL, and QMJHL.
2019 Wawanesa Toy Drive in Niagara :
Thursday, December 12:
Niagara IceDogs (vs. London Knights, 7:00pm)
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 20, 2019
- Dellandrea Sets Firebirds' All-Time Goals Record in Wednesday Defeat to Sarnia - Flint Firebirds
- Rangers Make $14,800 Donation to Children's Wish Foundation - Kitchener Rangers
- Former Hounds HC and OHL Coach of the Year, Sheldon Keefe Joins Maple Leafs - Soo Greyhounds
- Battalion Starts Fresh - North Bay Battalion
- Petes Outplay Bulldogs to 4-3 Win in School Day Game - Peterborough Petes
- Join the Rangers in Supporting the Wawanesa Toy Drive - Kitchener Rangers
- Bulldogs Stand Toe To Toe With Petes But Fall 4-3 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Holiday Packs on Sale Now - Oshawa Generals
- Niagara IceDogs Host Wawanesa Toy Drive on December 12th - Niagara IceDogs
- Meet the Rangers Tonight at Real Canadian Superstore - Kitchener Rangers
- Preview: Firebirds Face-Off with the Sting in Sarnia Wednesday - Flint Firebirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Niagara IceDogs Stories
- Final Minute Goal by Captain Akil Closes out 6-5 Win on Teddy Bear Toss Night
- IceDogs' Penalty Troubles Lead to a 5-1 Loss to the Greyhounds
- IceDogs Earn Point, Ending 5-Game Road Trip in Owen Sound
- IceDogs Render Spitfires Flightless in 3-2 Win
- IceDogs Take the Stinger out of Sarnia with 5-2 Win