Niagara IceDogs Acquire Brady Hinz from Petes
NIAGARA, ON - Niagara IceDogs General Manager Joey Burke has announced the team has acquired 2000-born right winger Brady Hinz (pronounced Hinnz) from the Peterborough Petes. In exchange, the IceDogs have traded a conditional 15th round pick in the 2022 OHL Priority Selection, previously belonging to Hamilton.
"We are thrilled to add Brady to our organization," said Burke. "I have been a fan of his for years. He has a high skill level, and plays a style very conducive to how we like to do things in Niagara.'
Hinz, from Stratford, Ontario, is a former 3rd round pick of the Sarnia Sting in the 2016 OHL Priority Selection. The 5'09", 148lb forward has played for Sarnia (2016-18) and Peterborough (2018-2020). Hinz collected a career-high of points in the 2017-18 season, with 42 (18 goals, 24 assists). This past season (2019-20), in 58 games, he collected 28 points (15 goals, 13 assists).
He recorded his 100th career point on February 24th, 2019 against the Kingston Frontenacs.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from September 17, 2020
- Oliver Suni Getting Stronger from Kempele, Finland - Oshawa Generals
- OHL Outlines Tentative Return - North Bay Battalion
- OHL Announces Key Dates for 2020-21 Season - OHL
- Michael Little and Jack York to Pursue Opportunities in QMJHL in 2020-21 Season - Peterborough Petes
- Niagara IceDogs Acquire Brady Hinz from Petes - Niagara IceDogs
- Petes Trade Potential Overage Player Brady Hinz to Niagara IceDogs - Peterborough Petes
- Daniil Sobolev Commits to Spitfires - Windsor Spitfires
- Spitfires Assistant Coach Mike Weber to Depart the Club - Windsor Spitfires
- Alumni Report: Luke Peressini - Kingston Frontenacs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.