New York Red Bulls Re-Sign Midfielder Vincent Bezecourt
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls have re-signed midfielder Vincent Bezecourt, the club announced today. Bezecourt signs a new MLS contract after earning promotion to the first team from New York Red Bulls II in August. He will occupy an international spot on the Red Bulls roster.
"We are happy to have reached a new agreement with Vince," said Red Bulls Sporting Director Denis Hamlett. "As with the other players that have been promoted to the First Team, Vince has worked hard and earned his place. As I said when we promoted him in August, Vince impressed us with his skill and work ethic. We were pleased with how he handled himself over the second half of the year and look forward to him continuing his growth as a player."
Over the remaining stretch of the 2017 season, Bezecourt appeared in three matches, starting in two of them. The French midfielder made his MLS debut at Portland, starting and playing all 90 minutes. Bezecourt recorded his first career MLS point, tallying an assist at D.C. United on October 22.
"Vince finished the year so strong," said Red Bulls Head Coach Jesse Marsch. "He has had some good years with the USL team and we know that we can count on Vince like we did by playing him in the playoffs and starting him in MLS matches a few times towards the end of the year. It will be important for him to build on that experience and take the next steps to establish himself with the team."
Before being promoted, Bezecourt, a 2017 All-League USL Second Team honoree, was having a very successful season with NYRB II in 2017. In 24 matches, he tallied six goals and a team-best 11 assists, which stood as the second-highest mark in USL during the regular-season. In two seasons with NYRB II, Bezecourt accrued 46 appearances with 14 goals, 16 assists and 3,145 minutes played.
Transaction: New York Red Bulls sign midfielder Vincent Bezecourt to an MLS Contract on December 22, 2017.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 22, 2017
- Kljestan issued additional suspension for rolein tunnel confrontation - MLS
- Dates and Times Announced for Sounders FC's Scotiabank CONCACAF - Seattle Sounders FC
- New York Red Bulls Re-Sign Midfielder Vincent Bezecourt - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas opens 2018 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League play in Panama - FC Dallas
- Dates Announced for Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round Of 16 matches - New York Red Bulls
- Dates Announced for Toronto FC's First Matchup - Toronto FC
- FC Dallas Signs Defender Anton Nedyalkov - FC Dallas
- United Acquire Costa Rican National Team Midfielder Ulises Segura - D.C. United
- Philadelphia Union Sign Forward Cory Burke - Philadelphia Union
- Utah Royals FC Announce U.S. WNT Captain Becky Sauerbrunn for 2018 Season - Real Salt Lake
- MAPFRE Stadium to Host SheBelieves Cup Doubleheader - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York Drops Three Points to Chicago at Home
- Match Preview: New York Welcomes Chicago for Annual Autism Awareness Match
- Red Bull Arena to Host Juventus F.C. vs S.L. Benfica in International Champions Cup
- New York Remains Perfect at Home, Defeats Montreal, 3-1
- Match Preview: New York Hosts Montreal for Saturday Matinee