New York Red Bulls Acquire Fourth Round SuperDraft Pick from Toronto FC
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls have acquired a fourth-round pick in the 2019 MLS SuperDraft from Toronto FC in exchange for the Right of First Refusal for goalkeeper Caleb Patterson-Sewell, the club announced today.
Patterson-Sewell spent time with the Red Bulls in 2008, signing an MLS contract after trialing with the team. Patterson-Sewell served as the backup for several matches, but never made an MLS appearance for New York. The Hendersonville, Tennessee native declined an MLS contract with the Red Bulls ahead of the 2009 season.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 14, 2018
- Red Bulls and Sporting Kansas City Play to 1-1 Preseason Draw - New York Red Bulls
- Impact Wins 2-1 against Chicago Fire - Montreal Impact
- Fire Fall 2-1 to the Montreal Impact in Preseason Action - Chicago Fire
- Timbers Draw Houston Dynamo 1-1 in Preseason Match - Portland Timbers
- Dynamo Open Preseason Tournament with 1-1 Draw against Portland - Houston Dynamo
- Revolution Draw with FC Dallas, 2-2, in First Match of Mobile Mini Sun Cup - New England Revolution
- D.C. United, DC SCORES, and Screaming Eagles Announce Strategic Partnership - D.C. United
- FC Dallas Announces 2018 Broadcast Details - FC Dallas
- New York Red Bulls Acquire Fourth Round SuperDraft Pick from Toronto FC - New York Red Bulls
- Toronto FC Signs Caleb Patterson-Sewell - Toronto FC
- Wale Headlines Dynamo Opening Day Entertainment - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.