New York Liberty Sign Marine Johannes
NEW YORK, NY - The New York Liberty have signed French guard Marine Johannes, General Manager Jonathan Kolb announced today. The terms of the agreements were not disclosed, per team policy.
The 5'10 guard has played for Tango Bourges Basket, located in Bourges, France. She was recently voted Best Guard by fans in the regular season awards.
Johannes joins the Liberty after averaging 15.1 points (45.7% from the field), 4.7 assists, and 2.8 rebounds during her most recent Euroleague season. The guard has already had a preview of New York Liberty basketball, as she has been teammates with Liberty players Bria Hartley and Nayo Raincock-Ekunwe in France.
Johannes also played for the French National Team in the 2016 Summer Olympics. The team lost to Serbia in the bronze medal game.
The 2019 New York Liberty season tips off on Friday, May 24, when the team hosts the Indiana Fever at Westchester County Center.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from March 21, 2019
- New York Liberty Sign Marine Johannes - New York Liberty
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Liberty Stories
- New York Liberty Announce Barclays Center as Home Venue Beginning in 2020
- New York Liberty Announce Head Coach Katie Smith's Contract Not Renewed
- Liberty Legend Teresa Weatherspoon Hired by Pelicans
- Asia Durr Undergoes Successful Surgery
- Liberty Secure No. 1 Pick in the 2020 WNBA Draft