New York Liberty Rookie Han Xu's Debut Generates 1.2 Million Viewers and 6.3 Million Total Video Views in China
May 13, 2019 - Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) News Release
New York Liberty rookie and China-native Han Xu's recent WNBA debut generated 1.2 million viewers across Tencent, Youku, Migu and Xigua, and another 6.3 million total video views on social media platforms in China, including behind-the-scenes coverage of the game and an interview with new Liberty owner Joe Tsai.
Han Xu, the first graduate of the NBA Academy program to be drafted into the NBA or WNBA, made her WNBA debut in an exhibition game at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY on Thursday, May 9 against the Chinese Women's National Team. In the Liberty's 89-71 victory, Han Xu scored 19 points.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from May 13, 2019
- Liberty's First Preseason Loss Comes at Connecticut - New York Liberty
- Aces Sign Veteran Guard Sydney Colson - Las Vegas Aces
- Every Wings Player Scores in 82-59 Preseason Loss to Atlanta - Dallas Wings
- Chicago Sky Releases 2019 Local TV Broadcast Schedule - Chicago Sky
- New York Liberty Rookie Han Xu's Debut Generates 1.2 Million Viewers and 6.3 Million Total Video Views in China - WNBA
- Mystics Roster Update - Washington Mystics
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.