New York Liberty Announce Player Signings
NEW YORK, NY - The New York Liberty have re-signed restricted free agents guard Rebecca Allen and center Amanda Zahui B, head coach Katie Smith announced Monday. The terms of the agreements were not disclosed, per team policy.
Allen enters her fifth season with the Liberty after being signed as an undrafted free agent before the 2015 season. Zahui B approaches her fourth season with the Liberty after playing her rookie season with the Tulsa Shock, before being acquired from the Dallas Wings prior to the 2016 season.
Last year, Allen averaged 3.8 points and 1.7 rebounds while shooting 37.6 percent from the field in 28 games. Allen scored a season-high 16 points and added four rebounds and two assists in a loss to the Atlanta Dream, tying a season-high with 25 minutes.
Zahui B averaged a career high of 7.7 points during the 2018 season. Zahui B enjoyed a tremendous 2018 campaign, scoring in double-figures 11 times. She averaged 3.0 rebounds and 15.9 minutes while shooting 50 percent from the field in 29 games.
The Liberty also announced the signing of Nayo Raincock-Ekunwe to a one-year deal and added Kelly Faris to the Liberty Training Camp roster.
Raincock-Ekunwe played with the Liberty during the 2017 season, making a pair of starts over 32 games. She averaged 3.7 points and 1.8 rebounds. Faris was selected 11th overall in the 2013 WNBA Draft by the Connecticut Sun and played four seasons with the team, averaging 2.1 points and 1.6 rebounds.
The 2019 New York Liberty season tips off on Friday, May 24, when the team hosts the Indiana Fever at Westchester County Center.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from February 11, 2019
- An Evening with Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi Postponed - Connecticut Sun
- Atlanta Dream Sign Forward Lynetta Kizer - Atlanta Dream
- Aces Team up with Southern Nevada Health District, Clark County School District for Slam Dunk Health Challenge - Las Vegas Aces
- New York Liberty Announce Player Signings - New York Liberty
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Liberty Stories
- Knicks' Impressive Numbers Overshadowed by Go-Go's Comeback Effort
- New York Liberty Announce Player Signings
- Garrett and Allen Net 20; Knicks Top Memphis, 108-97
- Seven Knicks Tally Double-Figures to Beat Raptors, 111-102
- WNBA Announces Sale of New York Liberty to Joe Tsai