New York Liberty Announce Multi-Year Deal with Empire BlueCross BlueShield to Address Health Inequities and Social Justice
BROOKLYN - The New York Liberty and Empire BlueCross BlueShield, today announced a partnership designating New York's largest health insurer as an "Official Partner" of the team, which includes combined efforts to address health inequities and advocacy for women in greater New York communities. The Atlanta Dream, Indiana Fever and Los Angeles Sparks also begin partnerships with Empire's sister companies in their respective cities.
As part of the Liberty's multi-year agreement, Empire BlueCross BlueShield will become presenting partner of the New York Liberty's Women's Empowerment platform, Breast Health Awareness platform and National Days of Recognition activations, all of which will have an amplified focus on Brooklyn and greater New York City. Empire and the Liberty will also team up to recognize women throughout New York who are making a positive impact in their communities, through the yearlong #ShineLoudSunday social media campaign.
"As the WNBA and the New York Liberty enter its 25th year, we understand the importance of teaming up with mission-driven partners like Empire BlueCross BlueShield," said Liberty CEO Keia Clarke. "Our unified values of women's wellness and our shared vision for helping improve the welfare of all New Yorkers, make this alliance seamless. As we officially plant roots in Brooklyn, we are thrilled to have a partner equally committed to helping uplift the community."
"Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield is on a mission to measurably and materially improve the health of all New Yorkers," said Alan Murray president of Empire BlueCross BlueShield in New York. "We have been rooted in New York communities for more than 85 years, which is why we are excited to partner with the Liberty to make a real impact - through education, awareness and community health initiatives-- on the health of individuals, families and the various communities in and around New York City."
The company's commitment to addressing long-standing racial and health inequities made this multi-year alignment with these WNBA teams a natural fit. In a truly unique partnership element, whenever the four teams meet during the WNBA season, both teams will come together to host joint community activities that make an impact on health challenges in their respective cities.
Additionally, Empire BlueCross BlueShield will work closely with BSE Global, the Liberty's parent company, to provide events, initiatives and volunteer opportunities in the local community for the company's employee resource groups.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from February 23, 2021
- Storm Signs Haley GoreckiÃÂ - Seattle Storm
- Sparks Sign Multi-Year Community Partnership with Anthem Blue Cross to Address Health Inequities and Social Justice - Los Angeles Sparks
- Atlanta Dream, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Announce Multi-Year Partnership to Address Social Injustice - Atlanta Dream
- New York Liberty Announce Multi-Year Deal with Empire BlueCross BlueShield to Address Health Inequities and Social Justice - New York Liberty
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Liberty Stories
- New York Liberty Announce Multi-Year Deal with Empire BlueCross BlueShield to Address Health Inequities and Social Justice
- Liberty Announce 2021 Nike Game Growers Participants
- New York Liberty Acquire Natasha Howard and Sami Whitcomb
- New York Liberty Signs 2020 Most Improved Player Betnijah Laney
- BSE Global Launches Supplier Diversity Program