New York City FC Unveils New 2019 Home Jersey
NEW YORK, N.Y. - New York City FC today unveiled its new 2019 home jersey with a new video: For the City, By the City. Both the jersey design, and the jersey launch video, pay homage to New York City and the iconic characters which make it like nowhere else.
Designed by adidas in the Club's iconic blue colorway, this is the Club's third home uniform. The new shirt draws inspiration from the City itself with special features including: a pigeon mosaic on the jock tag, a vertical stripe in the tricolor colors of the New York City flag, and the flag featured on the back neck.
For the City, By the City chronicles the journey of one New Yorker as he weaves his way through the City on the way to his rec league soccer game. Before he reaches the pitch, he crosses paths with other New Yorkers - a firefighter and a pizza vendor - who are also real-life NYCFC fans, proud to represent their City and their team.
The video was filmed on-location throughout the boroughs - from an East Harlem subway station to a Bronx firehouse - showcasing the eclectic spirit of the City. The film is shot in a combination of 4.6K cinema grade and VHS camcorder footage by The Main Idea, marking the second collaboration with this local production house, following 2018's Everywhere We Go video.
For the City, By the City is complemented with a series of still photography, first captured on NYCFC players as they prepare for the upcoming 2019 season at the Club's training facility, and then on local fans and real New Yorkers from the video shoot.
2019 Team Captain, Alex Ring, shared his thoughts on the new jersey:
"I like that our Club decided to use fans in the video. I am proud to lead the team for the first time as captain and wear our new home jersey. Every time I put it on I will think of the City and fans we are proud to represent."
The new home jersey will be worn for the first time on the pitch when the Club takes on Minnesota United for a preseason friendly in Orlando tomorrow, February 20.
The jersey is on sale now online at www.NYCFC.com/shop, at both adidas NYC stores and at the 365 Store at Yankee Stadium.
The 365 Store will be open starting today from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and will be offering to all 2019 jersey buyers within 48-hours of launch a limited-edition pigeon sleeve patch (while supplies last) and free customization (valued at $30).
NYCFC City Members will receive a 10% discount online, and at Yankee Stadium, they can select a discount or take advantage of the free customization.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 19, 2019
- Impact Takes on Tampa Bay Rowdies Wednesday Night - Montreal Impact
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. CS Herediano - Atlanta United FC
- Impact U17 Qualifies for Champions Division of GA Cup - Montreal Impact
- Dynamo Open 2019 Campaign in Guatemala at 9 p.m. - Houston Dynamo
- FC Dallas and HEINEKEN USA Announce Exclusive Partnership - FC Dallas
- Match Preview: Red Bulls and Atletico Pantoja Square off in SCCL - New York Red Bulls
- New York City FC Unveils New 2019 Home Jersey - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York City FC Stories
- New York City FC Sign Brazilian Striker Heber
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 2 - 2 Los Angeles FC
- New York City FC's Sean Johnson, Jonathan Lewis and Alex Callens Called into Respective National Teams
- New York City FC and WNYE Radio Partnership Renewed
- Abdi Mohamed Signs Professional Contract; Joins Memphis 901 FC on Season-Long Loan