New York City FC Acquires Midfielder Tony Rocha
NEW YORK, N.Y. - New York City FC has acquired midfielder Tony Rocha from Orlando City SC in exchange for the Club's fourth round draft pick in the 2019 MLS Draft.
Rocha joins NYCFC after spending the past three seasons with Orlando City SC making 23 appearances and tallying four assists for the Orlando City first-team between loan spells at Orlando City B in 2017 and Saint Louis FC in the USL last season.
The 25-year-old hails from Spring, Texas and got his start in professional soccer with the Austin Aztex after a standout NCAA career where he spent three seasons at University of Tulsa.
Rocha said with regards to joining NYCFC: "I'm excited to join an organization that has a winning culture and also for the opportunity to play in such a great city as New York. I'm looking forward to getting started."
"I'm proud to be able to play in front of the NYCFC supporters and will give it my all every game for them."
Sporting Director Claudio Reyna said: "Tony is a player we've had our eye on for quite a while. He's a really talented player who has had success in the USL and earned his opportunity in MLS. At only 25 years of age, he's just now entering the prime of his career and we're really excited to have him here in New York City."
Head Coach Domenec Torrent said: "I really like Tony as a player and he's proven to be extremely versatile during his time in Orlando. Playing both midfield and defense, we think he'll fit our system quite well and provide us with quality depth across the pitch."
Everybody at the Club would like to welcome Tony to NYC.
Name: Tony Rocha
Weight: 166 lbs.
Date of Birth: August 21, 1993
Hometown: Spring, Texas
College: University of Tulsa
Last Club: Orlando City SC
How Acquired: Traded for 4th round pick in 2019 MLS SuperDraft
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 12, 2018
- Chicago Fire Selects Midfielder Cristian Martinez, Forward Marco Urena in 2018 MLS Waiver Draft - Chicago Fire
- New York Red Bulls Move up in Waiver Draft, Select Marcus Epps - New York Red Bulls
- Earthquakes Acquire SuperDraft Selection in Trade with NYRB - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Cincinnati Acquires Midfielder Victor Ulloa from FC Dallas - FC Cincinnati
- FC Dallas Trades Homegrown Victor Ulloa to FC Cincinnati - FC Dallas
- New York Red Bulls Re-Sign Tim Parker - New York Red Bulls
- Orlando City SC Adds 2019 MLS SuperDraft Fourth Round Pick - Orlando City SC
- New York City FC Acquires Midfielder Tony Rocha - New York City FC
- Zach Ertz, Julie Ertz Among Philadelphia Celebrities Partnering with Union for 2019 Jersey Customization Feature - Philadelphia Union
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York City FC Stories
- Notes & Quotes: Chicago Fire 1 - 1 New York City FC
- New York City FC Trades Jonathan Lewis to the Colorado Rapids
- Notes & Quotes: Montreal Impact 0 - 2 New York City FC
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 1 - 1 Orlando City SC
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 2 - 0 Chicago Fire SC