New England Revolution Sign 2021 MLS SuperDraft Pick Forward Edward Kizza
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Revolution have signed forward Edward Kizza ahead of the 2021 Major League Soccer season. New England selected Kizza (pronounced: KIZZ-uh), a product of the University of Pittsburgh, with the 24th-overall selection in the first round of the 2021 MLS SuperDraft.
DOWNLOAD: Edward Kizza Photos
Kizza, 22, scored 31 goals in 53 appearances over three seasons at the University of Pittsburgh from 2017-19. The 5-foot-9 forward led the Panthers in scoring during his sophomore and junior seasons, tallying 15 and 12 goals in 2018 and 2019, respectively.
A two-time All-ACC First-Team selection, Kizza was one of four Panthers to appear in all 20 of Pittsburgh's contests in 2019 as he finished fourth in the ACC in goals (12) and shots on goal (31), as well as fifth in points (28). His five game-winning goals that season also ranked third in the conference. Kizza's additional accolades include All-ACC Freshman Team recognition in 2017, two All-ACC Academic Team selections, and an All-South Region Second Team nod in 2018.
Prior to joining Pitt, the Kampala, Uganda native attended Montverde Academy in Montverde, Fla., where he scored 25 goals his senior season and was ranked as the number 41 recruit in the 2017 recruiting class by Top Drawer Soccer.
TRANSACTION: New England Revolution sign forward Edward Kizza on March 5, 2021.
Date of Birth: 12/17/1998 (Kampala, Uganda)
Hometown: Kampala, Uganda
How Acquired: Selected in the first round (24th overall) of the 2021 MLS SuperDraft on Jan. 21, 2021; signed by New England on March 5, 2021.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 5, 2021
- LAFC Statement on Revised Guidelines - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy President Chris Klein and Dignity Health Sports Park General Manager Katie Pandolfo on Fans Being Allowed at Outdoor Sporting Events Starting April 1 - LA Galaxy
- City Unveils 2021 Thick N Thin Home Kit Pres. by Orlando Health - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes Issue Statement on Fans Being Allowed at Outdoor Sporting Events Starting April 1 - San Jose Earthquakes
- New York Red Bulls Sign Under-20 USMNT Winger Cameron Harper - New York Red Bulls
- LAFC Officially Kicks off Training Camp Monday - Los Angeles FC
- Minnesota United Announces Preseason Schedule - Minnesota United FC
- Toronto FC to Start MLS Season in Florida - Toronto FC
- New England Revolution Announce 2021 Preseason Schedule - New England Revolution
- Philadelphia Union Re-Sign Goalkeeper Joe Bendik - Philadelphia Union
- Dan Lovitz Ready for "Different Mountain to Climb" in 2021 - Nashville SC
- LA Galaxy Announce 2021 Preseason Schedule and Roster - LA Galaxy
- Colorado Rapids Sign Forward Diego Rubio to Two-Year Contract Extension - Colorado Rapids
- Colorado Rapids Sign Homegrown Defender Sam Vines to Four-Year Contract Extension - Colorado Rapids
- New England Revolution Sign 2021 MLS SuperDraft Pick Forward Edward Kizza - New England Revolution
- Major League Soccer Statement on Inter Miami CF Player Payment Investigation - MLS
- Pareja Flush with Forwards as Camp Begins - Orlando City SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Revolution Conclude Preseason with 3-3 Draw vs. LAFC
- CBS Boston and New England Revolution Announce New Local Broadcast Partnership
- Revolution Defeat LA Galaxy II, 2-1, in Preseason Scrimmage
- Retro-Inspired New England Revolution Clothing Line Unveiled in Major League Soccer's Since '96 Collection
- Revolution Battle LAFC to Preseason Draw, 2-2