New England Revolution Launch Under-12 Revolution Development League
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Revolution Academy has announced the launch of the Revolution Development League for the Under-12 age group, set to kick off with seven New England-based clubs on Sept. 7, 2019.
The Revolution Development League, sanctioned and supported by US Club Soccer, is structured to promote high-level localized competition, professional training, and game day experience from the leading clubs in the area while strengthening the connection with the local MLS Academy through coaching education. The league will feature 8-10 regionalized games in New England in both the fall and spring seasons, featuring crossover weekend games with other MLS development leagues. The competition will also involve tournament weekends for outside competition.
"We're incredibly excited for this opportunity to expand youth development within the New England region while working alongside the leading clubs," RDL Director Gary Hall said. "We hope that this innovative league will raise the level of competition across all of the clubs involved and further solidify the connection between the Revolution and our neighboring clubs."
The seven clubs participating from the New England region in the ground-breaking league include Bayside FC, Boston Bolts, Global Premier Soccer, NEFC, Oakwood SC, Seacoast United, and Valeo FC. Participants born on or after Jan. 1, 2008 are eligible to play in the U-12 games, while those born in 2009 are also able to qualify.
The league will help bolster U-12 Generation adidas Cup access, with any affiliate club having the opportunity to compete in the Thanksgiving Day weekend tournament this upcoming fall. The Revolution will also host up to three U-12 Training Centers throughout the year, with locations to rotate between clubs and the New England Revolution Training Facility, set to open in Foxborough this summer.
Player registration will open on Monday, July 15 and will close on Saturday, Aug. 31. Additional registration information will be communicated at a later date.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 2, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: May 2, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Acquire Targeted Allocation Money from Minnesota United FC - LA Galaxy
- MNUFC Acquires General Allocation Money from LA Galaxy - Minnesota United FC
- FC Cincinnati Recall Frankie Amaya from Orange County SC - FC Cincinnati
- Five Facts - AtlÃ©tico Madrid - Orlando City SC
- Philadelphia Union Host Cinco de Marco - Philadelphia Union
- New England Revolution Launch Under-12 Revolution Development League - New England Revolution
- Match Preview: New York Hosts LA Galaxy at Red Bull Arena on Saturday - New York Red Bulls
- AtlÃ©tico De Madrid to Participate in the 2019 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - MLS
- Atletico De Madrid to Participate in the 2019 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - Orlando City SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Gustavo Bou Scores in Debut as Revolution Top Vancouver Whitecaps FC, 4-0
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Revolution and D.C. United Play to 2-2 Draw
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at D.C. United
- Revolution Forward Justin Rennicks Named to Roster for 2019 MLS Homegrown Game Presented by Energizer