New Capitals, Mystics and Wizards Team T-Shirts on Sale to Benefit COVID-19 Relief Effort
Washington D.C. - The Washington Capitals, Mystics and Wizards have released new T-shirt designs to raise money for Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE) Foundation's "Feeding the Frontlines" fund. In replacing "Washington" with "Wash Your Hands" in the Capitals logo and adding a second, sudsy hand in the Wizards logo, the message promotes frequent hand washing, a CDC recommendation to limit the spread of COVID-19. The Mystics "We'll Always Be Together" shirt promotes unity and togetherness during a time of quarantining and social distancing.
The fund has already underwritten more than 7,500 meals to first responders, health care and essential workers and raised more than $175,000. "Feeding the Frontlines" was created by the MSE Foundation, which has partnered with Wizards' chefs at FLIK, Capitals' chefs at SuperFd and a nonprofit within MSE's Social Impact program, DC Central Kitchen, to fund healthy, fresh meals. Feeding the Frontlines began with seed funding from Wizards players and coaches and is now fueled by donations from all teams - the Wizards, Capitals, Mystics, Go-Go and District Gaming - with players, coaches, owners, MSE staff and fans contributing to deliveries made at seven District hospitals and testing sites thus far. The effort has also helped to support two great small businesses - SuperFd and FLIK - as well as a vital nonprofit for the food insecure within the District, DC Central Kitchen.
The limited edition T-shirts cost $25 each and can be purchased on the MSE Foundation site at https://www.monumentalfoundation.org/tees.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from May 13, 2020
- Wilson to Become Official Game Ball of the NBA, WNBA, NBA G League, NBA 2k League and Basketball Africa League - WNBA
- Las Vegas Aces Finalize 2020 Coaching Staff as 14-Year WNBA Veteran Tanisha Wright Joins Laimbeer, Johnson - Las Vegas Aces
- New Capitals, Mystics and Wizards Team T-Shirts on Sale to Benefit COVID-19 Relief Effort - Washington Mystics
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Washington Mystics Stories
- Mystics Waive Jaylyn Agnew and Alecia Sutton
- New Capitals, Mystics and Wizards Team T-Shirts on Sale to Benefit COVID-19 Relief Effort
- Mystics Partner with Leidos to Present Virtual Home Opener on May 16
- NBC Sports Washington, Monumental Sports Network to Present WNBA's First 'NBA 2K20' Game Simulations
- Mystics to Host Facebook Live Chat Presented by Geico