NDCS Altered to Three-Game Series
LYNCHBURG, Va. - Due to the threat of Hurricane Irma this weekend, the Northern Division Championship Series between the Frederick Keys and the Lynchburg Hillcats has been altered to a three-game set.
The Keys and the Hillcats will play Game 1 of the NDCS at Frederick Thursday night at 7 p.m. The final two games will be played at Lynchburg's City Stadium on Friday and Saturday night (if necessary). Friday's game will take place at its original time of 6:30 p.m., while Saturday's contest will begin at 6 if necessary.
Tickets to Friday night's game are once again valid after initial plans had moved that game to Saturday. Saturday's game will now potentially be a winner-take-all NDCS Game 3. Due to the uncertainty of the situation, there will no longer be Postgame Fireworks Friday. The Hillcats will donate money toward hurricane relief efforts in lieu of the fireworks. Any concerns or issues with playoff tickets can be addressed by calling (434) 528-1144 or by visiting the Hillcats Box Office when it opens Friday.
With the series shifting to a three-game series, the Northern Division Championship Series now looks as follows:
- Game 1: Lynchburg at Frederick, Thursday at 7 p.m. at Nymeo Field
- Game 2: Frederick at Lynchburg, Friday at 6:30 p.m. at City Stadium
- Game 3: Frederick at Lynchburg, Saturday at 6 p.m. at City Stadium (If necessary)
Both the Northern Division playoffs and the Southern Division playoffs have been changed to best-of-three formats. In the SDCS, the Down East Wood Ducks will host the Myrtle Beach Pelicans Thursday at 6 p.m before Games 2 and 3 (if necessary) will be played Friday night in Myrtle Beach.
The Hillcats are making their sixth consecutive playoff appearance and trying to win their first Mills Cup Championship Series since 2012. Aaron Civale (11-2, 2.59) will start for the Hillcats in Game 1 of the NDCS Thursday at 7 p.m. All games can be heard live at www.lynchburg-hillcats.com .
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from September 7, 2017
- NDCS Altered to Three-Game Series - Lynchburg Hillcats
- NDCS Altered to Three-Game Series - Frederick Keys
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lynchburg Hillcats Stories
- 10-0 Shutout in Game Two Earns Lynchburg Double-Header Split
- Hillcats Battle Back, But Fall on Eighth Inning Wild Pitch
- Three-Run Eighth Propels Hillcats to Series Win
- Hillcats Win Seesaw Battle with Mudcats Sunday
- Mudcats Top Hillcats on Seventh Inning Sac Fly