NBA G League News and Notes: NBA All-Star 2020
February 12, 2020 - NBA G League (G League) News Release
TERRIFIC THEO: Brooklyn Nets assignee Theo Pinson was named NBA G League Player of the Week for games played Monday, February 3 through Sunday, February 9. Pinson recorded 32 points and nine rebounds, leading the Long Island Nets to a 117-110 victory over the first-place Wisconsin Herd.
KEEPING UP WITH THE JONESES: Capital City Go-Go forward Jalen Jones led his team to two victories last week. On Feb. 5, Jones recorded 28 points, eight rebounds and three steals on the road in a 119-114 win over the Grand Rapids Drive.
NBA ALL-STAR CONNECTIVITY: An all-time-high 42 percent of players (208) on NBA start-of-sea- son rosters had NBA G League experience. That number has climbed to 57 percent of players (284) as of Feb.6. Notable NBA G League alumni partic- ipating in NBA All-Star 2020 include Rudy Gobert, Khris Middleton and Pascal Siakam. Through Feb. 6, 91 NBA players have been assigned to the NBA G League 427 times and there have been 26 GATORADE Call-Ups.
Already the first NBA G League MVP to appear in an NBA Finals, Toronto's Pascal Siakam made history again becoming the first NBA G League alum to start an NBA All-Star Game. Siakam will be on Team Giannis, which will have a total of four NBA G League Alums on its roster with Milwaukee's Khris Middleton and Utah's Rudy Gobert as reserves and Toronto's Nick Nurse as head coach.
The 26th NBA Rising Stars will feature four NBA G League alums: Charlotte's Devonte Graham, Detroit's Svi Mykhailuk, Miami's Kendrick Nunn and Washington's Moritz Wagner. Nunn was named Kia NBA Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month three times this season.
Devonte Graham, Brooklyn's Joe Harris, Miami's Duncan Robinson and Washington's Davis Bertans, four prolific shooters with NBA G League roots, will compete in the 2020 MTN DEW 3-Point Contest.
After winning the Taco Bell Skills Challenge in 2018, Brooklyn's Spencer Dinwiddie is looking once again to be crowned champion. Dinwiddie, who spent time with the Windy City Bulls, has improved his scoring average in each of his four sea- sons with the Nets. He'll be tasked with defeating three other NBA G League Alums in the contest - Pascal Siakam, Khris Middleton and the LA Clippers' Patrick Beverley.
Miami's high-flyer Derrick Jones Jr. will compete in the 2020 AT&T Slam Dunk. As a rookie in the 2016- 17 season, Jones became the first player to compete in AT&T Slam Dunk and play in the NBA G League in the same season. He finished second in 2017 and provided a highlight dunk that wowed the audience.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 12, 2020
- Warriors Acquire Dominic Green - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Rabb Named to USA February 2020 Americup Qualifying Team - Westchester Knicks
- Gaddy and Hall Named to AmeriCup Qualifying Team - Oklahoma City Blue
- Jalen Jones to Play for Team USA Americup Qualifying Team - Capital City Go-Go
- Blondie to Perform at Kaiser Permanente Arena - Santa Cruz Warriors
- James Webb III Named to USA Men's February 2020 AmeriCup Qualifying Team - Iowa Wolves
- Long Island Nets Acquire Phil Cofer - Long Island Nets
- Jaylen Adams Named to Usa Men's World Cup Qualifying T Eam - Wisconsin Herd
- Atlanta Hawks Sign Brandon Goodwin to Multi-Year Contract - College Park Skyhawks
- NBA G League News and Notes: NBA All-Star 2020 - G League
- Mad Ants to Host "You Make the Call" Referee Clinic - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Minnesota Timberwolves Assign Omari Spellman to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Strong 4th Helps Lift Maine to Overtime Victory - Maine Red Claws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.