Native American Scholarship Returns
The Buffalo Bandits announced the return of the Native American Scholarship, which will be awarded on Native American Night presented by Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino on Saturday, March 14, when the Bandits face the New England Black Wolves.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be of Native American descent and residents of Western New York or Southern Ontario. To apply, applicants must provide a completed application form found below, a copy of their most recent transcripts, a letter of recommendation from a faculty sponsor or employer and a one-page essay describing why they should be awarded the scholarship and what it would mean to them. The scholarship is only open to students currently enrolled at or accepted to an accredited college or university.
A selection committee composed of members of the Buffalo Bandits organization will choose the scholarship winner. The winner will then be notified by Friday, March 13 and expected to be available to accept the scholarship on Saturday, March 14 at the Bandits' game against the New England Black Wolves at 7 p.m.
Applications must be sent in with all accompanying documentation no later than Tuesday, March 9. Applications can also be sent by mail addressed to Buffalo Bandits Native American Scholarship Fund at 1 Seymour Knox III Plaza, Buffalo, NY 14203, Attn: Scott Loffler.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from February 18, 2020
- Native American Scholarship Returns - Buffalo Bandits
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bandits Stories
- Pegula Sports Provides $1.2 Million in Aid to WNY
- Statement from Pegula Sports & Entertainment
- Bandits Issue Statement Regarding NLL's Decision to Pause Season
- Bandits Unable to Hold Late Lead in Loss to Halifax
- First Place on the Line in Rubber Match Between Bandits and Thunderbirds