Nathan Noel Reassigned to Rockford
Forward has collected nine points in 17 games with Indy
INDIANAPOLIS - The National Hockey League's Chicago Blackhawks announced Thursday that they have reassigned forward Nathan Noel from the ECHL's Indy Fuel to the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs.
Noel, 20, has appeared in 17 games with the Fuel this season, tallying four goals, five assists and 18 penalty mintues. The rookie from St. John's, Newfoundland made his professional debut in Quad City on Nov. 11, and recorded his first pro points a week later with a pair of shorthanded goals against Kalamazoo on Nov. 17. Noel has not seen game action since being placed on injured reserve on Dec. 28.
A fourth round selection of the Chicago Blackhawks in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft (No. 113 overall), Noel spent the previous last four seasons with the Saint John Sea Dogs of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL), where he collected 208 points (85g, 123a) in 242 total games, helping his team to a trip to the Memorial Cup in 2016-17.
The Fuel conclude a four-game road swing Friday when they take on the Wheeling Nailers at WesBanco Arena, before returning to Indiana Farmers Coliseum Saturday to host the Toledo Walleye.
Single-Game tickets are now available for the entire 2017-18 Fuel season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Fans can also take advantage of a wide variety of
Ticket Plans by calling 317-925-FUEL or visiting IndyFuelHockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 3, 2018
- Home Stand Kicks off on Friday against Royals - Norfolk Admirals
- Reid Gardiner Named CCM ECHL Rookie of the Month - Wheeling Nailers
- Wheeling's Gardiner Named CCM ECHL Rookie of the Month - ECHL
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, February 2nd - Manchester Monarchs
- McCarthy Returns to Reading, Muse Recalled to Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- EAGLES SURRENDER FOUR GOALS IN 3RD PERIOD, FALL 5-2 TO ALLEN - Colorado Eagles
- Game Recap: WINGS GRIND OUT 2-1 WIN OVER RUSH - Kalamazoo Wings
- Rush Rally Falls Late to K-Wings - Rapid City Rush
- Nathan Noel Reassigned to Rockford - Indy Fuel
- Alex Gudbranson Recalled to Marlies - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indy Fuel Stories
- Darrin Flinchem Named ECHL Equipment Manager of the Year
- Fuel Release Schedule for 2018-19 ECHL Season
- Fuel Eliminated After Double Overtime Loss to Walleye
- Toledo Pushes Fuel to Brink of Elimination in Game 3 Victory
- Fuel First Round Series Shifts to Indianapolis Wednesday