Nate Osborne Coaches His 50th MLR Match
On Saturday, May 14th Nate Osborne coached his 50th Major League Rugby match.
Osborne, originally from Australia has made a large impact on North American rugby. His coaching career began with Metropolis RFC, leading the side to the D3 National Club Championship in 2011. In 2012 he was appointed head coach of the D1 side and led them to two USA Club Finals 4s and two Elite-8 appearances.
In 2014, Osborne was called up to USA Rugby to coach the Men's XV National Team as the Backs and Attack Coach. He also joined the US XV side during its Rugby World Cup campaign in England in 2015.
He was named NOLA Gold's Head Coach in 2018 and led the club for their first four MLR seasons (2018-2021). During this time, Osborne oversaw all aspects of the program and his his record at NOLA was 25-19.
Mid way through the 2022 MLR season, Osborne was appointed the interim Head Coach of Old Glory DC and making him the first to have led two MLR sides as Head Coach.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Rugby message board...
Major League Rugby Stories from May 15, 2022
- Pair of Second-Half Tries Not Enough for Seattle Comeback in New York - Seattle Seawolves
- JP Smith Reaches 50 Caps - Seattle Seawolves
- Eight-Try Arrows Shut out Jackals in Record-Breaking Victory - Toronto Arrows
- Nate Osborne Coaches His 50th MLR Match - Old Glory DC
- Miscues Cost Warriors a Chance to Upset Houston - Utah Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Old Glory DC Stories
- Meet Old Glory DC's New Head Coach Josh Syms
- Old Glory DC Appoints New Head Coach Joshua "Josh" Syms
- Argentine Fly-Half Tito Diaz Bonilla Joins Old Glory DC
- Meet the Third Overall Pick in the 2022 Draft: Calixto Martinez
- Old Glory DC Names Marcelo Blanco as the First General Manager of Business Operations in Franchise History