Nashville Sounds Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign
NASHVILLE - The Nashville Sounds Baseball Club announced today its participation in Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First initiative. The campaign is geared to raise funds for local Feeding America food banks while also honoring local heroes risking their lives on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Feeding America is the nation's largest organization dedicated to fighting domestic hunger through a network of food banks. The local Feeding America food bank the Sounds and its fans will raise money for is Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee.
For every $10 donated through the campaign by a Nashville Sounds fan, the Sounds organization will donate one ticket (up to 500 maximum) to a future 2020 or 2021 game to a local hero. The ticket donations will be made to heroes supporting Middle Tennessee such as local nonprofits, hospital staff, first responders, nursing home staff, grocery store employees, and many others.
"We're proud to continue to support Feeding America and specifically Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee," said Sounds General Manager Adam Nuse. "The Sounds will continue to do everything possible to lend a helping hand in the community. We are asking for our dedicated fan base to be great teammates during this heartfelt Minor League Baseball initiative."
Nashville Sounds fans interested in donating can follow these instructions:
Fan visits dedicated donation page at MiLB.com/CommUNITYFirst
Fan selects Nashville Sounds from the drop-down menu of participating teams.
Fan selects the amount he or she wants to donate ($10 minimum) to Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee.
Payment is processed and fan receives a thank you confirmation e-mail.
To kick off the campaign, MiLB Charities has made a significant donation to the Feeding America COVID-19 Response Fund.
The Nashville Sounds are the Triple-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play at First Horizon Park. The 2020 season will begin at a date yet to be determined by Minor League Baseball.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 28, 2020
- San Antonio Missions to Take Part in MiLB's CommUnity First Campaign - San Antonio Missions
- Fresno Grizzlies Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign - Fresno Grizzlies
- Round Rock Express Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign - Round Rock Express
- Fowler Packing (Peelz), Save Mart, ABC 30, Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino, and Grizzlies Join Forces to Surprise Senior Shoppers with Free Groceries - Fresno Grizzlies
- El Paso Chihuahuas, El Paso Locomotive FC, and FC Juarez Bravos Announce Plan to Unify the Borderplex During the COVID-19 Crisis - El Paso Chihuahuas
- MiLB Launches CommUNITY First Campaign - Salt Lake Bees
- Nashville Sounds Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign - Nashville Sounds
- Isotopes Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Storm Chasers Join MiLB CommUNITY First Campaign - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.