Nashville SC Draws in the District and Remains Second in Eastern ConferenceÃÂ
WASHINGTON, D.C.Â -Â Nashville Soccer Club (11W-3L-15D) secured another result on the road in a 0-0 draw against D.C. United on Saturday night. Goalkeeper Joe Willis remains at the top of the MLS leaderboard with 13 clean sheets off the back of this result.
Pick Me:Â Joe Willis continues his strong campaign for Goalkeeper of the Year. Willis and the Nashville SC backline have recorded eight of the 13 clean sheets on the road this season. Willis has also recorded three straight shutout road matches. Willis has yet to allow more than two goals in a match this season. Willis has set a new career-high this season with 11 wins, and he is on pace to set a new career high in saves. He currently has 84 saves, and his career-high is 89 set in 2016.
Pounding the Pavement:Â Nashville SC have a road record of 3W-3L-8D this season. After the mid-week match against Columbus Crew at Nissan Stadium, Nashville will finish out the month of October with three road matches before returning home for Decision Day. These three road competitions will be against the Philadelphia Union, FC Cincinnati and Orlando City SC. Nashville SC has earned 12 road points since Aug. 28.
Push for the Playoffs:Â Nashville SC currently sits at second place in the Eastern Conference with 48 points. Nashville's three losses are the fewest in all of MLS. The Boys in Gold have scored 46 goals this season, the third most in the Eastern Conference, and allowed only 26 goals this season, the fewest in the Eastern Conference. Nashville SC's goal differential of +20 is the second best in the Eastern Conference.
Nashville SC will return to Nissan Stadium on Wednesday, Oct. 20 at 7:30 p.m. CT for the second-to-last time this season to face Columbus Crew.Â Fans can purchase tickets atÂ https://www.nashvillesc.com/tickets/match.
Nashville SC owns an all-time road record of 8W-9L-11D
Nashville SC earned 12 road points since Aug. 28Â
Nashville SC owns an all-time record of 3W-1L-6D in OctoberÂ
Nashville SC owns the fewest losses in MLS with a season record of 11W-3L-15D
Hany Mukhtar leads Nashville SC in goals (13), assists (9), shots (80), and shots on goal (38)
Hany Mukhtar and CJ Sapong both have hit the double-digit mark in goals recorded this season, with 13 and 10 respectively
Head Coach Gary Smith owns an overall record of 21W-11L-23D as manager of Nashville SC
Joe Willis leads MLS in clean sheets with 13
Walker Zimmerman led Nashville SC's defense with six clearancesÂ
Dave Romney remains the only Nashville SC outfield player to play all 2,610 minutes this season and all 4,920 minutes in Nashville SC's history
Nashville SCÂ 11W-3L-15D vs.Â D.C. United 12W-12L-5D
October 16, 2021 - Audi Field
DCU: Russell Canouse (caution) 33'
DCU: Joseph Mora (caution) 46'
NSH: Hany Mukhtar (caution) 62'
NSH: Dax McCarty (caution) 90+4'
NSH: Joe Willis; Dave Romney, Jack Maher, Eric Miller, Taylor Washington, Walker Zimmerman; Dax McCarty (C), Hany Mukhtar (Jhonder Cádiz 90+2'), Luke Haakenson (Alex Muyl 67'), Brian Anunga, CJ Sapong (Daniel Ríos 73')
Unused Substitutes: Jalil Anibaba, Abu Danladi, Dylan Nealis, Matt LaGrassa, Bryan Meredith, Aké Loba
DCU: Bill Hamid, Andy Najar (Chris Odoi-Astem 46'), Steven Birnbaum (C), Donovan Pines, Junior Moreno (Ramon Ábila 87'), Russell Canouse, Kevin Paredes, Julian Gressel, Ola Kamara, Adrien Perez (Joseph Mora 46'), Nigel Roberetha (Drew Skundrich 69')
Unused Substitutes: Felipe, Frederic Brillant, Jon Kempin, Griffin Yow, Tony Alfaro
Referee:Â Ismail Elfath
AR1: Jose Da Silva
AR2:Â Gjovalin Bori
4th: Matthew Thompson
VAR: Ismir Pekmic
AVAR: Kathryn Nesbitt
Weather: 70 degrees
Statistics are unofficial.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 16, 2021
- D.C. United Draw 0-0 against Nashville SC at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Nashville SC Draws in the District and Remains Second in Eastern ConferenceÃÂ - Nashville SC
- Atlanta United Defeats Toronto FC 2-0 - Atlanta United FC
- Toronto FC (0) - Atlanta United (2) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- Revolution Draw Chicago Fire FC, 2-2 - New England Revolution
- Júnior Urso Nets Game-Winner in Lions' 1-0 Victory at FC Cincinnati - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire FC Battles New England Revolution to 2-2 Draw at Gillette Stadium - Chicago Fire FC
- Inter Miami CF Falls 4-0 to Columbus Crew - Inter Miami CF
- LAFC Defeat San Jose Earthquakes 3-1 - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes Fall to LAFC 3-1 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Late Score Lifts CF Montréal to Draw with Philadelphia in the Rain - Club de Foot Montreal
- Kai Wagner scores third goal of the season; Union remain unbeaten in their last six matches - Philadelphia Union
- Sounders FC Faces Houston Dynamo in Road Matchup at PNC Stadium - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Face LAFC Today - San Jose Earthquakes
- New England Revolution Playoff Ticket Packages Now on Sale - New England Revolution
- Houston Dynamo FC Return to League Play at PNC Stadium - Houston Dynamo FC
- Red Bulls Welcome NYCFC to Red Bull Arena for Final New York Derby of 2021 Regular Season - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Nashville Soccer Club's Hany Mukhtar and Walker Zimmerman Named to the 2021 MLS Best XI
- Nashville Soccer Club's Walker Zimmerman Named MLS Defender of the Year for Second Consecutive Season
- Nashville SC Signs Partnership with Transcard, Including Transcard Terrace at Nashville SC Stadium
- Nashville Soccer Club Falls in the Eastern Conference Semifinals of the Audi MLS Cup Playoffs
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Travels to Philadelphia to Face Union in Eastern Conference Semis