Atlanta vs. Washington Recap
The Washington Mystics (1-1) defeated the Atlanta Dream (1-2), 96-75, Saturday in the team's first-ever game at Entertainment and Sports Arena in Congress Heights. Elena Delle Donne scored the first two Mystics points in the new arena. Mystics guard Ariel Atkins led the team with 21 points, shooting 8-11 from the field, 4-7 from 3-point range and was perfect from the free throw line to go along with three rebounds and three assists. The Mystics outshot the Dream in all three major shooting categories. Washington was 38-67 (.567) from the field, 9-25 (.360) from 3-point range and 11-13 (.846) from the free throw line. Atlanta shot 30-71 (.423) from the field, 5-21 (.238) from 3-point range and 10-17 (.588) from the free throw line. Washington had five players score in double figures: Atkins (21), forward Elena Delle Donne (18), forward Emma Meesseman (14), guard Kristi Toliver (10) and guard Shatori Walker-Kimbrough (10).
The Mystics return to action on Wednesday, June 5, hosting the Chicago Sky at 7 p.m. at Entertainment and Sports Arena in Congress Heights. Last season, Washington was 3-0 against the Sky, winning by an average of 20.0 points per game.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from June 3, 2019
- Mystics Update - Washington Mystics
- Liberty's School Day Will Feature Anti-Bullying Speaker Aija Mayrock Tuesday vs. Sparks - New York Liberty
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Washington Mystics Stories
- Toliver Named to WNBA All-Star Team
- Pair Return, Peddy Waived
- Delle Donne, Thibault to Participate in All-Star Game
- Mystics Game Update
- Mike Thibault Named Coach of the Month