Musketeers One Win Away from Advancing to the WCF
The Sioux City Musketeers moved within one game of advancing in the Clark Cup Playoffs after lighting up the Des Moines Buccaneers for 5 goals in a dominant 5-0 victory in Game 2 of a Western Conference Semifinal played Sunday night in Sioux City.
The Musketeers set the tone early when Brady Ferner scored less than four minutes into the game before Carson Vance gave Sioux City a 2-0 lead with 6:49 remaining in the opening period. Odeen Tufto scored with less than five minutes remaining in the second period, giving Sioux City a 3-0 lead heading into the final frame.
Kristian Pospisil scored 7:33 into the third period, completing his three-point night before Jackson Keane scored four minutes later to end the scoring. Winning goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks, the game's number one star, stopped all 23 shots against him while Jan Ruzicka made 29 saves in a losing effort.
With the win, the Musketeers take a 2-0 series lead as the best-of-five semifinal shifts to Des Moines. Game 3 will be Friday night at 7:05 inside Buccaneer Arena. If you are planning to make the trip to Des Moines for game 3 call the Musketeer office at (712)255-2116
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from April 16, 2017
- Musketeers One Win Away from Advancing to the WCF - Sioux City Musketeers
- Buccaneers Shutout in Game #2 5-0 - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Postgame Recap: Game Two Goes to Hawks - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Steel's Stezka, Special Teams Secure 6-0 Shutout Win I - Chicago Steel
- Phantoms Blanked by Chicago 6-0, Pushed to Brink of Elimination - Youngstown Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.