Multiple Teams See New Affiliations in Pacific Coast League
RENO, Nev. - Numerous Triple-A teams signed Player Development Contracts (PDC) in the Pacific Coast League this week. Beginning in 2019, there will be five affiliation changes around the league.
Fresno Grizzlies - Houston Astros to Washington Nationals
Round Rock Express - Texas Rangers to Houston Astros (Affiliation is expected, but not official)
Nashville Sounds - Oakland Athletics to Texas Rangers
Las Vegas 51's - New York Mets to Oakland Athletics
San Antonio Missions - Colorado Springs Sky Sox (Milwaukee Brewers)
Pacific Northern Division
Reno Aces (Arizona Diamondbacks)
Sacramento River Cats (San Francisco Giants)
Tacoma Rainiers (Seattle Mariners)
Fresno Grizzlies (Washington Nationals)
Reno Aces 2019 Schedule vs. Newly Affiliated Teams @ Greater Nevada Field
Vs. Fresno: April: 24 - 28 | July 19 - 21
Vs. Round Rock: N/A
Vs. Nashville: June 4 - 6
Vs. Las Vegas: April 29 - May 2 | May 25 - 28
Vs. San Antonio: N/A
Last season, the Aces went 2-1 against the A's Triple-A club in Nashville. All-PCL selection Kevin Cron went 6-for-12 with two home runs and four RBI in three contests. Nashville finished 72-68 this season in the American Southern Division but was outplayed by the back-to-back PCL champion Memphis Redbirds.
Milwaukee is coming off another strong year on the farm. Double-A Biloxi finished 81-59 in 2018 and advanced to the Southern League Championship Series. Colorado Springs went 73-66 and ended up just a game and a half from a division title.
As an Astros affiliate, Fresno won the Division title in 2017 with a record of 82-57 and won the second-most games in the PCL. The Rangers Triple-A club finished last in the PCL American Southern Division with a record of 65-73 and was swept by the Aces in a four-game series in Texas. The Washington Nationals Triple-A club went 64-76 last season in the International League and finished second-to-last in their division.
For 2019 ticket packages or more information, call (775) 334-4700. Follow the club all season long on Twitter (@Aces) or like the team on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 18, 2018
- Multiple Teams See New Affiliations in Pacific Coast League - Reno Aces
- Fresno Grizzlies Announce Washington Nationals as New Triple-A Affiliate - Fresno Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- Aces, Greater Nevada Field to Host World Series Watch Party
- Aces Program at Greater Nevada Field Raises More Than $61,000
- Greater Nevada Field to Host Slaughter House Halloween Attraction
- Reno Aces, Vegas Desert Sports Partner to Host Golden Knights Watch Parties in Northern Nevada
- Greater Nevada Field, Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe Brings Teton Gravity Research Winter Film to Northern Nevada