Motte Returns to Chicago; Lough Signs SPC
GLENVIEW, Ill. - The Chicago Wolves announced Friday that goaltender C.J. Motte has signed a professional tryout contract with the club while defenseman Kevin Lough has signed a standard player contact.
This is Motte's second stint with the Wolves during the 2017-18 campaign. At the American Hockey League level this season, Motte has spent time with both the Wolves and Iowa Wild. In a combined seven games, the 26-year-old owns a 2-2-3 record, .915 save percentage and 2.52 goals-against average.
Lough began the season skating in the ECHL for the Adirondack Thunder before joining the Wolves on a PTO. Through 16 games with Chicago, the 25-year-old has five points - he earned his first AHL point in his Wolves debut on Dec. 6 - and +4 plus/minus rating with four penalty minutes.
After participating in the Wolves training camp as an invitee, Motte signed his first PTO of the season with Chicago on Oct. 19. Motte spent about a month with the Wolves and appeared in three games. He collected a 1-1-1 record, 2.30 goals-against average and .922 save percentage. He posted his first victory in a Wolves sweater on Oct. 18 against the Milwaukee Admirals with a 27-save performance.
The Michigan native comes to Chicago from the Quad City Mallards. In Quad City, he has backstopped the team for 10 games and strung together a 2-7-1 record. He posted his third career ECHL shutout on Nov. 26 against the Missouri Mavericks.
Lough and Motte will be with the Wolves as they host the Bakersfield Condors for the first time at Allstate Arena on Saturday, Jan. 20. The 7 p.m. contest is the first of two games in which Chicago will don their specialty First Responders jerseys. The game will be televised on CW50 throughout the Chicago area.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 20, 2018
- Penguins Maneuver Several Roster Moves - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Syracuse Crunch Partner with Syracuse University Sport Management - Syracuse Crunch
- Motte Returns to Chicago; Lough Signs SPC - Chicago Wolves
- Islanders Recall Johnston - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rangers Recall Tony Deangelo and Daniel - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sabres Recall Baptiste from Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Chris Langkow to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- JETS RECALL HUTCHINSON AND ROSLOVIC FROM THE MANITOBA MOOSE - Manitoba Moose
- Blue Jackets Assign Left Wing Markus Hannikainen - Cleveland Monsters
- SAN DIEGO GULLS TO HOST INAUGURAL DIVERSITY NIGHT - San Diego Gulls
- Olczyk Recalled, Anselmini Assigned to Fuel - Rockford IceHogs
- Syracuse Crunch Recall Forward Shane Conacher from Adirondack - Syracuse Crunch
- McAdam Reassigned to Bridgeport - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Dahlstrom, Highmore Named to AHL All-Star Team - Rockford IceHogs
- Monsters to Host Cavaliers Tribute Night at the Q - Cleveland Monsters
- Oilers Recall Pakarinen - Bakersfield Condors
- F Oskar Lindblom Added to 2018 AHL All-Star Classic - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- ROSTER CHANGES ANNOUNCED FOR 2018 AHL ALL-STAR CLASSIC - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.