More Than 10,000 Tickets Already Sold for Playoff Game
Montreal - The Montreal Alouettes announced on Wednesday having sold just over 10,000 tickets for their playoff game scheduled for November 10 even before tickets go on sale to the public on Thursday, October 17, at 10:00 a.m.
The Alouettes are assured to finish the season in second place of the East division behind the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and will take part in a post-season game for the first time since 2014. Montreal will host the Eastern Semi-Final on Sunday, October 16, at 1 p.m., at Percival-Molson Memorial Stadium.
It is already determined that the Alouettes will face a team from the West division because of the crossover rule. However, the opponent's identity remains uncertain.
"We have exceeded our pre-sale objective with more than 10,000 tickets sold since October 7, said Patrick Boivin, President and CEO of the Montreal Alouettes. I want to thank our fans who are behind us and have already answered the call for our upcoming playoff game. Our objective is to fill Percival-Molson Stadium to its full capacity and with the support we received throughout the season, we are confident to reach that goal."
"We have played our home games in front of an incredible crowd, in an electric atmosphere," said head-coach Khari Jones. "The contribution of our 13th player was often an important factor in the outcome of our games. Our fans bring us so much energy, it's as if they are on the field with us. We need each and every one of our supporters for this playoff game; we want to live it with you. Let's win together!"
Tickets are available via the Alouettes web site or by calling 514-787-2525 or 1-844-575-2525.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from October 16, 2019
- Greg Hutchins Joins Practice Roster - B.C. Lions
- More Than 10,000 Tickets Already Sold for Playoff Game - Montreal Alouettes
- BC Lions Take on Roughriders Friday - B.C. Lions
- RedBlacks Add Two to Practice Roster - Ottawa RedBlacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Alouettes Stories
- Alouettes to Host Blue Bombers to Kickoff 2021 Home Season on June 17
- John Bowman, Chip Cox and S.J. Green Elected to CFL All-Decade Team
- Grey Cup Unite: Many Important Can't Miss Moments with the Alouettes
- Alouettes Donate $5,000 to the Breakfast Club on Behalf of Their Generous Fans
- Alouettes to Fly on the Wings of Nolinor Aviation for the Next Ten Years