Mooseheads Acquire Forward Ozzie King
Halifax, N.S. - The Halifax Mooseheads have acquired forwardÂ Ozzie KingÂ from the Moncton Wildcats in exchange for a 10th round draft pick in 2020.
The 19-year-old King is a native of Dartmouth, NS and was originally drafted in the 7th round of the 2017 QMJHL Entry Draft by the Baie-Comeau Drakkar. He has played in 70 career games, all with the Wildcats and has scored six goals and three assists.
King is a 6-foot-2 right winger and weighs 168 pounds. He helped Dartmouth win the 2017-18 NSMMHL Champion and he was named the league playoff MVP with 19 points in 13 games.
The QMJHL trade period runs until Monday, January 6th at Noon ET.
The Mooseheads will host the Moncton Wildcats Friday night at Scotiabank Centre and will entertain Acadie-Bathurst on Saturday. Both games start at 7pm. Tickets are on sale now at the Ticket Atlantic Box Office, select Superstore outlets,Â TicketAtlantic.comÂ or charge by phoneÂ 902-451-1221.
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from January 2, 2020
- Wildcats Add Former Drakkar Captain Gabriel Fortier to the Roster - Moncton Wildcats
- Mooseheads Acquire Forward Ozzie King - Halifax Mooseheads
- Ozzie King Traded to Halifax - Moncton Wildcats
- Moncton Acquires Leonard from the Titan - Moncton Wildcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.