Monsters return home for two games against Rockford, including Cavs Tribute Night on Friday.
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Monsters announced Monday the team's practice schedule for the week of January 15, 2018. All team practices will be held at OBM Arena at 15381 Royalton Road in Strongsville, OH unless otherwise indicated. Monsters Head Coach John Madden, along with the rest of the coaching staff and players, will be made available upon request to media immediately following all practices throughout the week.
1/17 - This Wednesday is Blue Jackets Night as well as College ID Night. The Monsters will wear special Blue Jackets themed jerseys while students can enjoy $6 tickets at The Q Box Office with a valid college ID. 1/19 - The Monsters host Cavaliers Tribute Night as well as 1-2-3 Friday. Game presentation will be Cavaliers themed, while fans can enjoy $1 Pepsi products, $2 Sugardale hot dogs, and $3 beers (select 12-14 oz).
Cleveland Monsters Practice Schedule - Week of January 15, 2018
(All practices held at OBM Arena at 15381 Royalton Road, Strongsville, OH 44136, times subject to change)
Monday, January 15th Practice: 10:00 am
Tuesday, January 16th Practice: 10:00 am
Wednesday, January 17th Game vs. Rockford: 7:00 pm (Radio: Alt 99.1 WMMS-FM HD2)
Thursday, January 18th Practice: 10:00 am
Friday, January 19th Game vs. Rockford: 7:00 pm (Radio: Alt 99.1 WMMS-FM HD2)
Saturday, January 20th OFF: Travel
Sunday, January 21st Game @ Chicago: 4:00 pm (Radio: Alt 99.1 WMMS-FM HD2)
* Practice dates and times subject to change
Monsters Weekly Storylines
Cleveland recently completed a season-long seven-game, 13-day road trip through the Central Division featuring stops in Rockford, IL, Chicago, Des Moines, IA, Milwaukee, WI, and Grand Rapids, MI. A profile of the trek's total miles logged, transactions executed, and other particulars, would paint a comprehensive picture of what life in the AHL is like on a day-to-day basis. The Monsters have yet to name a captain for the 2017-18 season and have instead opted to rely on a group of five or six skaters among whom the assistant captain's "A" is rotated on a day-to-day basis. This sort of leadership-by-committee system is somewhat unique in the American Hockey League and highlights the deep well of leadership on this year's Monsters team.
The Cleveland Monsters are the American Hockey Leagues' proud Affiliate of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets. The Monsters are a part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Gladiators of the Arena Football League playing at Quicken Loans Arena and the Canton Charge of the NBA G League playing in nearby Canton, Ohio at the Canton Civic Center.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 16, 2018
- CLEVELAND MONSTERS - Cleveland Monsters
- Andrey Pedan Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- MONSTERS Weekly - Cleveland Monsters
- St. Louis Blues Recall Forward Tage Thompson from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Tuesday's Checkers Game Is Sold Out - Charlotte Checkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Cleveland Monsters Release 2018-19 Regular Season Schedule
- Cleveland Monsters Return to Nautica Entertainment Complex August 4th
- Monsters Sign Brad Thiessen, Garret Cockerill to One-Year AHL Contracts
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Defenseman Tommy Cross to One-Year, Two-Way NHL/AHL Contract
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Defenseman Adam Clendening to One-Year, Two-Way NHL/AHL Contract